Need some help. A3 wiper service position.

micasb

Reaction score
Hi there people.

I need some help from you guys.
I recently added the new 09 DIS to my 04 A3 8P.
The thing is when i activate the confort menu in 09 module the wiper doesn't go to service position. Wether i'm using the old method or the option on the DIS...
I have 09 module rev K and recently added 19 CAN Gateway rev AD thinking it would solve the problem and add more options on the DIS. Options stayed the same as with my 19 module rev B...

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

When you service position, you mean verticle? Does the DIS give you the option to park the wipers but they just dont? I have a 2010 cluster but i dont have the option in my DIS for parking the wipers. This might come down the me only having a Rev A CE module. At a guess, it could be the wipermotor module doesnt understand the signals being sent as it was made before the newer way of doing it came out via the DIS?

When you service position, you mean verticle? Does the DIS give you the option to park the wipers but they just dont? I have a 2010 cluster but i dont have the option in my DIS for parking the wipers. This might come down the me only having a Rev A CE module. At a guess, it could be the wipermotor module doesnt understand the signals being sent as it was made before the newer way of doing it came out via the DIS?

Yes it gives me the option but they just don't go service position (verticle)...
They alter the wiper motor module? Isn't the CE module that controls the wipers? Or they just have separate module? I was hoping to get some opinion from someone that got the 2010 DIS with confort menu active on the CE module...

The Canbus tells the car what its fitted to the car & the CE dishes out the power for what it fitted. The Wipermotor has its own control module fitted internally, this is what blows when aftermarket xenons are fitted. How did you get on with new wipermotor?

The Canbus tells the car what its fitted to the car & the CE dishes out the power for what it fitted. The Wipermotor has its own control module fitted internally, this is what blows when aftermarket xenons are fitted. How did you get on with new wipermotor?

But do you think the problem of the wipers not going vertical is in the control module of the wiper motor?
Still haven't received the new wiper motor... Hope this works with the nem wiper system as i have no control mdule left to switch to a newer version :laugh:

Regards.

Hi there people.

Problem solved :)
Just fitted the new wiper motor/control unit a the service position via DIS works perfectly.
One more problem solved.

Regards.