Need some advice

matt_white88

Reaction score
Evening boys/girls, need some advice.

About 6 months ago my mrs was using my car for a while and was insured on it. She parked it outside a local shop and when she came out there is a decent sized scuff on the front which is down to the plastic. She managed to get a witness who saw a truck reverse into my car and drive off leaving no details. We managed to get the CCTV and reported it to the police and the insurance company. The police said the car was apparently sold a few days before and couldn't determine who was driving. My girlfriend's insurance company said the other company won't admit fault so they can not do anything until they admit fault. I want to get it sorted and have come up with the following 3 options:

1 - Get the repairs done myself and take the insurance company of the truck to a small claims court to get reimbursed for the costs.

2 - Used a third party claims management company to fix the car and then they recover costs from the trucks insurance company.

3 - Just pay for the repair myself.

What would you do?

I think for me it would depend on the cost of the repair vs the hassle.

If the repair cost was not too bad and I had the cash, I wold probably go for option 3 and put it down to experience.

Cheers

Chris

Yeah think I will just be doing that Chris. Its a Joke though twice this has happened in 6 months. The whole episode has put me off new cars I would never buy a new car again too many jealous idiots out there!

Yeah think I will just be doing that Chris. Its a Joke though twice this has happened in 6 months. The whole episode has put me off new cars I would never buy a new car again too many jealous idiots out there!

It's crap mate, I will not argue with you on that one. Don't let it put you off new cars, though they would do it to anything. They have no respect. I've had other cars damaged before by carelessness, part of there reason I am so ****** picky where I park mine now.

Hope you get it sorted

Chris

I've had my s4 for 3 days and someone has donated some of their paint on my front bumper :( worth getting the repair done yourself though, insurance is just hastle! most places are around £150 for a bumper. Send the invoice to the truck company and mention you have CCTV footage and see if they cough up.