Need Help!!

8385HJ

Reaction score
I have the following issues which i need help fixing.

1. ECON button on the climate control is stuck on it doesnt turn off however there is still cold air coming from the vents but has an odd smell.

2. When i lock the car the indicators do not come on at all, unlocking no problem the indicators come on as they should any help?

3. On the switch on the drivers door to lock/unlock all doors, the light has stopped illuminating even though it locks the car doors

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hussayn

1. Sounds like your aircon is low on gas, so needs leak testing and re-charging.
2. Maybe this could be coded in vcd's?
3. New switch?

1. I will have a check if this is the cause hoping it will be and nothing more expensive.
2. It was working fine till 3/4 days ago and they've stopped flashing when i lock the doors.
3. Same as no. 2 stopped illuminating few days ago

Thanks

The only time I have ever noticed when my car doesn't flash when locking is if the door/boot/bonnet isn't fully closed maybe this could be why?

1. aircon gas low or pump knackered
2. something is open... check all doors, boot and bonnet... might be the sensor on one of the locks is gone and isnt telling the car that it is closed? do you get a door open warning when you are driving the car?
3. could be related to 2, as the issue may just be with the drivers door switch and thus the car doesnt think its properly locked.

I would advise you get the car scanned on VCDS for faults before taking anything apart just to see if the problem is flagged?

The only time I have ever noticed when my car doesn't flash when locking is if the door/boot/bonnet isn't fully closed maybe this could be why?

Everything is closed i checked everything twice

1. aircon gas low or pump knackered
2. something is open... check all doors, boot and bonnet... might be the sensor on one of the locks is gone and isnt telling the car that it is closed? do you get a door open warning when you are driving the car?
3. could be related to 2, as the issue may just be with the drivers door switch and thus the car doesnt think its properly locked.

I would advise you get the car scanned on VCDS for faults before taking anything apart just to see if the problem is flagged?

Thanks mate i will have a check on it

i will get the gas checked out

Just had a check found a problem now which could explain it, the rear passengers door is not locking at all! i need help what could it be?