need help with re-map or tunning-box for 2.5V6 TDi

CJ Smirnoff

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my Skoda Superb 2.5 V6 TDi done.
not sure where to go and who would be better to give me the right answer
which is better and why?
and how much is it ?
and how much difference did it made ?

I have a Steinbauer tuning box for a 163Bhp engine wich i believe your's is, i was using that on a AKE 180 bhp without issues just a touch smokey...the box is fully adjustable and it does what it says on the tin ! Drop me a pm if interested, swapping the v6 tdi engine to a 1.9 tdi which will require custom mapping hence it's not needed anymore. The beauty with the tuning box is you can remove-it at any moment and can be sold to get some money back !

I have a Steinbauer tuning box for a 163Bhp engine wich i believe your's is, i was using that on a AKE 180 bhp without issues just a touch smokey...the box is fully adjustable and it does what it says on the tin ! Drop me a pm if interested, swapping the v6 tdi engine to a 1.9 tdi which will require custom mapping hence it's not needed anymore. The beauty with the tuning box is you can remove-it at any moment and can be sold to get some money back !

that would be nice but my one is 2002-reg and running 114KW (150 bhp)

What's the engine code ? You might have a very old engine designation wich was 155Bhp engine code AYM ? Audi dropped the 150Bhp lump from 2000 as it's been replaced by later 180Bhp engines (in quattro guise) and the FWD models got 155Bhp engines then later ones went to 163Bhp in the cabriolet and allroad alongside the 180Bhp lumps (they got revised heads with cam rollers)...However the box still works fine on your engine as the difference is only in the tune/map !

my one is skoda superb 2002-REG
just looked at the log book :AYM011218AYM
So are you saing they are old and not good engines ?
just wish to find out what is the difference ?

AYM is a detuned version of the AKE 180 Bhp engine, they are good engines. The difference is rods, injectors, injector pump, mapping and a few more bits and bobs. The AYM has been designed as a Euro 4 version of the old AFB 150 Bhp engine...There might be a few more differences wich i can point only by comparing them side by side, still tuneable in every respect.

so my engine : rods, injectors, injector pump, mapping and a few more bits and bobs, are not that strong ? ???????????

The 150Bhp tunes well to 180-190 Bhp with just a remap or tuning box. When audi introduces a new, more powerfull engine they do things a little different hence they use stronger rods, lower compression ratio, larger nozzles and optimised ECU program and often a different turbocharger. They don't just chiptune or remap their existing models ! Quattro models also get a better injector pump wich can pump more fuel at higher pressure and also larger nozzles as well !

The 150Bhp tunes well to 180-190 Bhp with just a remap or tuning box. When audi introduces a new, more powerfull engine they do things a little different hence they use stronger rods, lower compression ratio, larger nozzles and optimised ECU program and often a different turbocharger. They don't just chiptune or remap their existing models ! Quattro models also get a better injector pump wich can pump more fuel at higher pressure and also larger nozzles as well !

well, my main idea to get it running better so i get more MPG out of it but if i get more power and torque then I'm double happy

even thou i said MPG is on my mind ,
i'm still thinking of Pipercross panel air filter, De-cat, Re-map,-40mm Springs and may be 19" wheels

i fitted a tuning box to my a4 163 cab though have again removed it is a psi motorsport one and was £500 worth if you dont get sorted i will sell it,its for the bosch vp44 pump