Need Help someone... Side bonnet picture requred 8P non face lift.

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Having issues with the body shop I am using...

My bonnet had to be resprayed as some drunk loon on a bike hit it and caused frontal damage.

The bonnet was resprayed but i had to take it back as the finish was like orange peel.

Also when you open the bonnet where it is hinged there is a section about a inch long, oval shape that is exposed metal (this is on both sides).

It looks like to me that have forgotten to put some sort of cover back on... but they are stating that there was never a cover there.

Since a bought the car new I know Audi would not leave exposed sections.

I was hoping someone can take a picture of that hinge bit (when bonnet is open) so that I can show them that they missed something!

The car is the pre face lift Sline can someone post a picture please?

Thanks

Post pic of the area you mention of your car, not library online pics.

I would but i dont have the car at the moment... was trying to find one in the parking lot so that i can give people an idea...

But suprised there are no A3's here!

IMG 25431IMG 25401IMG 25411

Hope these are what ya mean?

Thank you very much that's it the side bits... but need one with the side of the bonnet in that area please.

Thanks thanks!

ok mate I just got home , I will go take you one soon
IMG 2547:)
IMG 2548
IMG 2549

hope they are what ya need?

Last edited:
Thank you very much !

thats exactly what i need... yours does not seem to have the trim... which is good!

3 door?

Anyone with a 5 door that can do the same please?

3 door and 5 door front end are the same. I have never seen a trim that covers bonnet hinges.

I agree with you totally... but on mine there are 2 perfect oval sections about 1inch in size... with a hole in the middle.

why dont you put a picture up of what you have then we can see if its right

trying but the body shop is making things a little difficult...

well all the a3's iv seen and thats quite a few look like the pics above 3 and 5 door

take pic 2 from the pictures above and circle where you think the cover is missing from

Thank you very much !

thats exactly what i need... yours does not seem to have the trim... which is good!

3 door?

Anyone with a 5 door that can do the same please?

no probs mate !! Yea it's a 3dr mine :)

Let me know exactly what you need a picture of and i'll try and get a picture. Mines a '57 SB Sline

Hi Guys,

Managed to get pictures finally!

here is the left and right side....

There seems to be bits of trim missing... this section is pretty much near the windscreen area...

Anyone have a clue?

Looks like hole was holding something.

Last edited:
cant you open it and take the pic
cos i cant really see anything or am i missing something ?

when open it sinks into the engine bay where you can't actually see it very well... but will try to take more pictures.

Last edited:
cant see anything from the pictures

as far as i can see its normal

So in yours you have exposed metal thats not painted?

no mines painted

humm... just wondering whey mine is not... if they did not remove the bonnet why are the holes there...