Need help on replacing stock radio.

jetlikoki86

Reaction score
Basically i need to replace the stock with one aftermarket radio (pioneer or any other), could anyone that have done this give me some idea on how to do it, is there any kit i can order so i can just plug and play the original arness to an aftermarket stereo??

You can buy an adapter off ebay for a tenner, if you have the bose system you need another adapter aswell.

Google "car audio security" there website has every audio lead you can think of you can even phone them to make sure your getting the rights ones.

Last edited:
hi mate, you'll also need to buy an audi A4 stereo facial adapter and trim it to fit if your getting a double din, as they don't sell them for the A3/S3

Mine is single din but im about to change it to double din, got the plastic cage out an a4 in the scrapies going to fit one of them andriod sat navs off ebay into it, i have the full bose aswell so i can see it bei g a pain in the ****.

Thank you guys, i have ordered a kit with all i need for the harness...

update, i just received the kit and the bezel doesn´t fit well, here's a pic on how it looks like, as yo can see, the side of the bezel hast 2 other pieces from the OEM radio, besides, i had to cut the sides of the bezel to make it fit, don't like those 2 other pieces, I'm looking for a bezel like the one showing on this video:

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 130
This is how it looks, left side is mine, right hand side is how i wanted, can't locate a bezel that fits

Attachments

• jnjkn.jpg
    jnjkn.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 111