Need Help on a Decision

jonkt428

Reaction score
I've been an Audi fan my whole life, and have always wanted to get an A4. I currently drive an Explorer, but I am now able to get an A4. I love the new models, they are sleek, sporty, fast, and nice. Now heres my dilemna, I am also able to buy the A6!
I am going for style here, I will want to put rims on my car, give it a decent system, tint it out, as well as maybe a few other things in the future. And since I think the A4 model looks better than the current A6 model (I will buy this car before the new A6 model comes out) I was obviously leaning towards the A4. But I have heard that the A6 is far superior in performance, much stronger engine, bigger blah blah. I dont know much about cars as you can probably tell, but should I go the extra mile and get the A6 due to the performance upgrade, even if I am going to supe up the car from a style perspective. Or is the difference so small that I could just go with the A4 which I think looks better, and ride with that. Thanks in advance!

The a6 is not necessarily superior to the a4 performance wise. There are many more available peformance mods for the a4 which will give you much more gain and will also cost you less. There just arent as many peformance items for the a6 as the a4. The a6 is considered more luxury, while the a4 is more sporty similar to a bmw 5 vs 3 series. A4's can keep up with the a6 as well. There are plenty of engine options for both cars. If you step into an a4 i recomend the 1.8t quattro. If your definately going for style rather than perfomance I would say you might like the a6 a bit better. Its just a more flashy car. But believe it or not if your worried about speed and performance stick with an a4. If your all luxury and style you might be an a6 man.

If you prefer the look of the A4 then go for it. Personal preference counts for a lot IMO and every model has it's pros and cons.

I would never buy an A6, it's a scaled up A4 including the exact same suspension components. As a result it's a bit of a boat, albeit a very comfy boat!

Engines are not stronger, they are the same as the A4.

[ QUOTE ]
Militia said:
I've been an Audi fan my whole life, and have always wanted to get an A4. I currently drive an Explorer, but I am now able to get an A4. I love the new models, they are sleek, sporty, fast, and nice. Now heres my dilemna, I am also able to buy the A6!
I am going for style here, I will want to put rims on my car, give it a decent system, tint it out, as well as maybe a few other things in the future. And since I think the A4 model looks better than the current A6 model (I will buy this car before the new A6 model comes out) I was obviously leaning towards the A4. But I have heard that the A6 is far superior in performance, much stronger engine, bigger blah blah. I dont know much about cars as you can probably tell, but should I go the extra mile and get the A6 due to the performance upgrade, even if I am going to supe up the car from a style perspective. Or is the difference so small that I could just go with the A4 which I think looks better, and ride with that. Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

The A4 & A6 basically have the same engine range (with one or two exceptions), so on a like-for-like comparison, the A4 will be faster because it is smaller and lighter. Have you driven any A4s or A6s? Surely that's the only way to find out which you prefer.

I have a 98R Audi A4 1.8T Sport, but been driving a new A6 this weekend... 1.9Tdi with Tiptronic, full leather, Air Con, Sat Nav - basically the lot. Drove 800 miles in 24 hours with 4 in the car and 4 lots of luggage... kept all 4 of us happy, lovely and comfortable, 100mph+ doing 40mpg.

This is a luxury motor, reasonably quick for a Tip/Auto diesel as well. If you want luxury and comfort - this is it.

Got back in my A4 and felt tiny in comparison, but it tells when you throw it around, much sportier, quicker, agile and more responsive.

Drive both, see which you like... it's the only way.

My choice would be an RS6 if I wanted a big car that is like a rocket, but I don't have £70,000 lying around...

Enjoy.