Need help fast

vr6gordy

Reaction score
I've got a s3 flat bottom steering wheel with no airbag so jumping right in I got hold of a rs4 b7 airbag because they look the same but it don't fit any one help me out part number on wheel is 8po 419 091 cr air bag needs to be duel stage

Why not save yourself a few hundred quid, and by a cover & airbag resistor, dual stage airbag just won't fire with a B6 single stage controller anyway.

anyone got a link for airbag cancel loom

Last edited:
Pretty sure just a cover won't work. The actual airbag bit has all the mounting parts on it to hold it in place along with the horn

As above and your Insurance company will most prob void your policy doing this mod..........and now you will say your not planning on crashing or telling them LOL

Not meaning to be rude but did you not research the whole retrofit before even buying the steering wheel??

Pretty sure just a cover won't work. The actual airbag bit has all the mounting parts on it to hold it in place along with the horn

Yes it should be mounted on the main airbag controller but it could be fixed in place (glue, bit of wood, airbag unit that has already gone off etc)

Don't get we wrong fitting a dual stage airbag into a single stage controller car or removing an airing is the world worst modification you can do to a car, and I've said to dozens of times before but some people are just not intrested, and it's looks over safety / function.

Just giving the OP pointers to saving a few quid.

go back in time 20 years when cars didn't have air bags no body made a fuss then about what steering wheel you put on .. Plus if we all stuck to the rules what a boring place it would be .after all rules are made to be broken

Not doing cover now managed to sort something a lot better

Thankfully 20 years have made a big difference in road safety, deaths have been cut in half all thanks to tech like airbags.

Reactions: Darren92, swarcup and Mike.M
Think next time when I want to post an idea I won't bother

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, as its an open forum.

As long as you tell your insurance, then ultimately it's your choice as it's your car at the end of the day.
I can't see your insurance voiding your policy as it's only like putting a race style wheel on there.

Only mentioned voided insurance if they were not told and you have an accident and need medical cover.....my 2p from working in the law area