Need help dials are going mental!!

Ben Nash

Reaction score
hi go a major problem with my dials rev counters sits at 5k rpm at tick over, the fuel guage says it always empty when theres £60 of fuel in there and the lights flash for a bit then stop n stay dim.

posted a vid on youtube to show you whats happening, hop someone can help ,cheers ben

Last edited by a moderator:
hi go a major problem with my dials rev counters sits at 5k rpm at tick over, the fuel guage says it always empty when theres £60 of fuel in there and the lights flash for a bit then stop n stay dim.

posted a vid on youtube to show you whats happening, hop someone can help ,cheers ben

Is the door closed whilst this is happening?

Only asking as when my drivers door is open my interior light flashes but that is most likely the door switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
my fuel gauge sits on empty too! but i have had mine checked and its the dials that are faulty and need replacing..common fault on em...but not a cheap fix! take it to an auto electrician and get them to check the earths and stuff and check all the fuses! all stuff i did before!

my fuel gauge sits on empty too! but i have had mine checked and its the dials that are faulty and need replacing..common fault on em...but not a cheap fix! take it to an auto electrician and get them to check the earths and stuff and check all the fuses! all stuff i did before!

ah right, how much we talking ?

Cluster Uk are the best people to send them to, or find a a guy like "danio". I have bought another set of clocks and he is coming to recode them to my car, quality !!! This should usually be at least £150, same price as having them repaired, but mine have been done once by BBA Reman but i would send them back there as these have only been fixed 12 months

Get it scanned for fault codes first!

about £400 if u do it properly but as has been said there are companies that will fix em for you!

Cluster Uk are the best people to send them to, or find a a guy like "danio". I have bought another set of clocks and he is coming to recode them to my car, quality !!! This should usually be at least £150, same price as having them repaired, but mine have been done once by BBA Reman but i would send them back there as these have only been fixed 12 months

thats where im gunna be sending mine to it comes to about £130 in total i think!

Isn't this issue sometimes something to do with the speedo sensor on the gear box?

Would be an idea to scan for fault codes before jumping in and changing stuff that may be symptomatic of another problem

<tuffty/>

Agree with everyone, get this scanned. My car had a problem with sticking speedo, dash lights flicking, and radio going off and on. Scanned showed it was the regulator that controlled my current which was spiking over 12v.

Agree with everyone, get this scanned. My car had a problem with sticking speedo, dash lights flicking, and radio going off and on. Scanned showed it was the regulator that controlled my current which was spiking over 12v.
\\What regulator? what repair work was done?