1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need advice with tyers

Dannyboy79 May 23, 2020 at 6:38 PM

1. Dannyboy79

Dannyboy79 New Member

Hi all I have 235/45 r17 this is the question.. Will 205/40 r17 fit? Any help will be appreciated thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Why do you wish to get away from 235 45 17 ?

Most new member posts tend to be the most interesting..

4. Dannyboy79

Dannyboy79 New Member

To be honest I got my a4 convertible 5months ago and bin everywhere in it, Iv gone to put new brakes and pads on and realised that all 4 tyres have splits all around the side wall, so Iv got the 205s laying around and wondered if they fit, my wheels ant alone.

5. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Massive difference , keep with the 235 45 17 , good size tyre .

6. Dannyboy79

Dannyboy79 New Member

Just need to know if they will fit as a make do as I'm still of work :disappointed:

7. Willenium

Willenium Member

They'll physically fit but the size is quite different to stock so your speedometer readout will be incorrect and if you have Quattro then you'd have to fit to all 4 corners.

8. Dannyboy79

Dannyboy79 New Member

Thank u willenium that's what I thought, I have all 4 tyres,

9. rafletcher

rafletcher Member Sportback Team Nano Grey Audi S3 S tronic

10. Dannyboy79

Dannyboy79 New Member

Thanks so much that's a great help just what I needed to know, a big thumbs up from me.

11. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Yeah they will fit there just be stretched a lot, your grip and handling will be worse and your get a lot more tyre wear on the edges, It can also be an mot failure though in your case it probably wont be stretched to that point but all depends on wheel width.

Lower it so its sat on the floor and your fit in with the 18 year olds and there little chicken wagons on stance meets lol.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Dannyboy79

Dannyboy79 New Member

Like I said before it's just to make do intill I can get back to work from this lock down,

14. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Yeah and I'm just telling you what to expect from them the car it wont be the same and you can at least be aware of what to expect driving wise with stretched tyres on.