Need advice on new rear discs and pads

StrmsekS3

Reaction score
Hi again guys,

just looked at my back discs and pads arent in such good shape.

anyone recommend good ones? Pagid from eurocar parts? OEM?

I can get OEM ones from TPS for 28.80 for discs and 23.86 for pads. but ideally i would like cleaner brakes anyone with advice cheers

Matt

Hi I too am in the same boat, took my S3 for the free Audi health check lol, long list of wear and tear. All round disks and pads, they wanted £650, so Iv decided to get some upgraded disks/pads from eBay EBC seem very popular on there, drilled and grooved so I may go for those. Have a look on there you could even go for a brake conversion. Hope this helps. Chris

Edit scrap that what I said, iv just read through the sticky (definitive break guide) that will tell you all you need to know, and pointless buying drilled grooved disks :)

Certainly no point in buying grooved/drilled for the rears. I replaced my discs/pads with EBC discs (grooved/drilled front and plan rear with red stuff pads all round) and am very pleased with them. Performance is fine but how much improvement over OEM in real world use is debatable TBH. Brake dust is definitely less though.

I used vtech discs from GSF (about £18 each) and pagid pads (around £17 a set) again from GSF and have had no issues with loads of dust or braking effort... all the stopping effort is done by the fronts so spend money on those and save money on the rears...

<tuffty/>