Need advice on mods for A3 S line!

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum.

I've got a 2014 A3 S line 2.0tdi 150ps S tronic, finished in Daytona grey. Will upload some pictures later once I figure out how to!

I'm planning to lower the car but can't find anything to with lowering the S line models, only SE, Sport and S3 models.

As well as lowering, I'm going to install spacers, but again need advice on this.

Thanks in advance!

As promised, here are some more photos of the car. First picture is from a VAG show in Belfast back in september. Second picture is from the next day.
A3 4
A3 12

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Welcome to the forum, car looks great.

have any of you lowered your cars?

You'll find a few people here running H&Rs. I'm having some fitted tomorrow, I'll post some pics on Saturday once it's back from the detailer.

You'll find a few people here running H&Rs. I'm having some fitted tomorrow, I'll post some pics on Saturday once it's back from the detailer.

How much of a drop are you going for? I want a 20-25mm drop, but was wondering, since I have the S line with it being 15mm lower than standard, would I have to have to get springs that give a 35-40mm drop to account for how my car already sits?

How much of a drop are you going for? I want a 20-25mm drop, but was wondering, since I have the S line with it being 15mm lower than standard, would I have to have to get springs that give a 35-40mm drop to account for how my car already sits?

The H&R kit (see pic) drops 20mm for the S3. I believe (but can't be 100% certain) that this kit provides the same drop for the S line with the sports suspension, and provides a 40mm drop for any 8V with non sports suspension. If I were you I'd call Graeme at GNJ Motorsport to check, he's an ASN member and provides a discount to other ASN members. He's also happy to chat / advise and ensure that you get the correct kit.

I'm fitting some 8.5 x 19s tomorrow too, and will post about how it sits / rides / drives on the new set up after the weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG0468.jpg
    IMAG0468.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Reactions: RyanCudlip
You'll need H&R supersport springs to reduce S-Line by that amount. They quote -45mm which is the drop from SE. Thus providing circa 25mm drop from S-Line.

Check their website - they have a catalogue on there showing all the tech specs.

The H&R kit (see pic) drops 20mm for the S3. I believe (but can't be 100% certain) that this kit provides the same drop for the S line with the sports suspension, and provides a 40mm drop for any 8V with non sports suspension. If I were you I'd call Graeme at GNJ Motorsport to check, he's an ASN member and provides a discount to other ASN members. He's also happy to chat / advise and ensure that you get the correct kit.

I'm fitting some 8.5 x 19s tomorrow too, and will post about how it sits / rides / drives on the new set up after the weekend.

Okay mate, cheers. I'll get in touch with him when I'm ready to order!

You'll need H&R supersport springs to reduce S-Line by that amount. They quote -45mm which is the drop from SE. Thus providing circa 25mm drop from S-Line.

Check their website - they have a catalogue on there showing all the tech specs.

Okay mate, I'll have a look. Cheers for your help!