Need advice a3 - coilovers

what brand are they mate? i cant access that in work :(

Coilovers I would advise you to look at:

Budget style:

vmaxx - contact DPM off the site (I know several boys who run these and are very happy with them)

Mid range:

FK Highsport/silverline ( I have these and cannot fault them at all)
Weitec

High Range:

KW V1/V2/V3 (I will have these in my next car or eibachs!)
Eibach
Weitec

i cant seem to find a make of them. the company is called hot tuning, the coilovers come with a two year warranty n are only £300 they look pretty decent but i would always be worried about buying these so cheaply, have a look here.

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/a3-8p-coilovers-c-1924_1941_2002.html

these are different coilovers from dpm, they do JOM and V-Maxx which start at £390 and i would be more willing to pay the extra money knowing where i got it from, damian from dpm will be able to help you out a lot. he is on here, and no doubt will be reply to your thread shortly! i got my springs from there, was not too sure with what ones to get and damian and all the guys helped me out a lot.

I bought these coilovers from hottuning about 4 months ago.
So far, I can't fault them - They're quite firm and bouncy - But then I've
wound mine down to about -70/-80 mm (And they'll go further yet)

When I bought 'em they were on "best offer" on the bay.
Offered £250 and they accepted!

It should be said that mine is a TDI 140 - So it doesn't get driven all that fast. If you're looking for fast road / race set up then I'd be forking out more dough and looking elsewhere.

gixxer did you go to see them?? how much did you pay for fitting? I got coils from hottunnig but they are very stiff and hard and got noise from back like squeeking. any suggestions what shall i do? i do not have massive money to spend

thats how it looks like now

a309.jpg

I've also got this noise after fitting mine.
99.9% sure it's the drop-links as they can't cope with the stress of lowness.

I'm replacing mine shortly and will let you know if this solves....

For info, they're only £20 the pair.

what, drop links??

i would buy universal adjustable droplinks from whiteline (or buy them from demon tweeks)

the squeeking from the rear could be trim but check the bottom of the shocks as they can leak

my fk's leaked and got them replaced

don76 can you let me know after you've put these droplinks on. n8kow what would you do with my current coils if you were in my positon? btw anybody got experience with weitecs?

what, drop links??

i would buy universal adjustable droplinks from whiteline (or buy them from demon tweeks)

the squeeking from the rear could be trim but check the bottom of the shocks as they can leak

my fk's leaked and got them replaced

The squeeking noise I'm suffering from aint trim related.
It's defo mechanical.
I've read a few peeps having issues with drop links after major lowering.
But i'm gonna get the shocks inspected when it's next on the ramp.

very usefull post,ive lowered mine on apex springs,nice drop im getting a silent knock/tap on the front only when coming off a speedhump......wonder if its anything do with droplinks:uhm:

i have a slight squeek when goin over bumps to it really peevs me off .....i may have to get mine checked

i got that noise on slow speeds its like legs sliding in the bath:)) very often. not only on speed bumps. i put some w40 to check and still noise is there. the same when i stop the car put and keep pushing car down on the back i can hear is that annoying noise...

i got that noise on slow speeds its like legs sliding in the bath:)) very often. not only on speed bumps. i put some w40 to check and still noise is there. the same when i stop the car put and keep pushing car down on the back i can hear is that annoying noise...