Need abit of advise please......

Rye-87

Reaction score
hey all, kinda new and been browsing the forum and ive already stated i want a S3 sorta next year

drive like 200miles a week for work but only 1 week in every 3 weeks! so would be fine as i car share with the miss's and a mate!

BUT being told today they dont like the new job! and thinking of looking for new jobs id be driving 200 miles every week just for work alone! so been looking at more TDI's needs to be Quattro as well!

which options are best to look at? A3(8P)/A4(B7) preferably and does anyone have proof that owning an S3 would still be done with the above kinda miles?!

cheers for your time

Rye

Last edited:
If you can afford to spend £40-50 a week on petrol then I don't see why you can't have a S3 providing your job pays an alright some of money per month. I spend that per week on fuel and that's not even for work!! For obvious reasons where you might not want a S3 as a daily fuel burning driver then it just leave you with the 2.0tdi quattro which are good engines for commuting but obviously not as fun. Good luck though!

I drive 470 (235 each way) miles every week in my S3 and its fine. I do 99 percent of my journey on the motorway so it tends to be better on fuel than other people that travel in theirs on A roads but its certainly not as good as a Tdi would be. Cars now on 43,000 and its had a wheel bearing and a sensor changed so mileage doesn't seem to affect it too much.

good stuff lads cheers for the info! its about 2/3 of the journey to work is motorway driving! so bonus! to much of a petrol head to want to get a diesel atm and want to get a car i actually want rather than one id need to help funds... would getting the car mapped/tuned help this aswell?

the miss's has a mini which we usually drive in when not at work anyway so bonus there :p

cheers again for the info :D

Rye