Need a stitch of info on split rim powder coating

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
Just wondering if some one would be able to confirm if when a split rim is powder coated ,
is it necessary to mask off the mating faces, or is it ok to have them coated also?

I believe it is the first, but just wanted confirmation :arco:

Thanks in advance

Mask them off otherwise the wheel will get out of balance...

That is exactly why I was thinking the 1st one also :o.k:

Thanks for ya swiftness :)

Yeah good thanks Fran. You too I hope :)

Would be even better if I didnt have to spend my next weeks worth of evenings sanding back powder coat that the painters 'forgot' to mask

:wtf::puke2:

Yeah good thanks Fran. You too I hope :)

Would be even better if I didnt have to spend my next weeks worth of evenings sanding back powder coat that the painters 'forgot' to mask

:wtf::puke2:
yeah im good thanks matey , you all settled into your new gaff now ? , ah man thats no good but it saves the chance of it being out of balance eh

yeah pretty settled now :) Its lovely to have room for us all now.

I was secretly hoping someone would say they would be fine, and save me the sanding job.

I really really really really really really really really hate sanding!!!

Erm You paint/powdercoat the lot then bolt them together or else they will rot fast .They will not go out of balance there painted all over from the factory .They will need balancing after in any case

Erm You paint/powdercoat the lot then bolt them together or else they will rot fast .They will not go out of balance there painted all over from the factory .They will need balancing after in any case

:kiss:

make me the happiest man alive......

What about the hubs?

oh well i'll shut up now then lmao i always thought that because they were painted/powder coated that they wouldnt sit right when you put them back together

Mate there ready to go back together fully painted and on the hubs
Just use locktite on the bbs bolt threads no sealer in between barrels and faces and 22lb torque if there speedlines ;)
Job done .Recently refurbed 2sets here

cheers lingy. Your a star :)

Just thought about it too much, and began making mountains out of mole hills if you know what I mean!

The torque wrench, loctite 243 and wheels are here waiting ready to go.

And now they are full steam ahead mahahah!

ohh, they aint speedlines btw :)

They should be on by the weekend hopefully, so I'll put some pics up then :)

Me too :)

i'm hoping they will look good with my new lows .

well there are four of them and they are round if that's any help?

:lmfao: