Need a sports exhaust

and then how quiet it can become when placed into comfort mode.

As you know, that is exactly what I was after.

Car is feeling slow already so will give you a shout when the service is completed and I can have a tinker.

Reactions: Aoon_M
PS, the stock audi sports exhaust actually has a sound chamber inside the backbox on the left hand side, this sound chamber amplifies the sound and acts like a mechanical speaker. Audi went through over 50 different systems when designing the exhaust for the RS3, and they haven't disappointed.

My friends with straight piped RS3 8P and TTRS 8J are astounded on how loud my car actually is as its louder than theirs with the added benefit of zero drone even with all cats removed, and then how quiet it can become when placed into comfort mode.

So your car is the sports exhaust with both Primary and Secondary Cats out? I have been wondering how it is so loud!!

The cast manifold and gtx35 add a little character too..

Evotion,
Great to hear that you are getting the sports exhaust, it's awesome. Are you going to do the Milltek secondary decat or keeping it stock?

Evotion,
Great to hear that you are getting the sports exhaust, it's awesome. Are you going to do the Milltek secondary decat or keeping it stock?

I have a full inspection service, the car's very first, in 2 weeks time.
I will get the car up to perfect and then I will be considering:

Secondary Decat
Power Box (not sure which one to go got yet - probably a German one like Steinbauer)

I have a full inspection service, the car's very first, in 2 weeks time.
I will get the car up to perfect and then I will be considering:

Secondary Decat
Power Box (not sure which one to go got yet - probably a German one like Steinbauer)

Ok, I'm also interested in secondary decat. Although a bit worried about loosing the deeper note and the downshift burbles. I know the overall sound and bangs get louder but i read somewhere that you kind of loose the nice notes at lower speeds and rpms. Anyone tested and got mote info on this?

I think the standard sports exhaust set up is perfect. Still brutally loud but not OTT, modded w*nker loud.

Mines is going into Audi next week for a service,said it was due an update on its soft wear, hope it's not to do with my exhaust that iv been hearing about!!

Ok, I'm also interested in secondary decat. Although a bit worried about loosing the deeper note and the downshift burbles. I know the overall sound and bangs get louder but i read somewhere that you kind of loose the nice notes at lower speeds and rpms. Anyone tested and got mote info on this?

Umm. I don't like the sound of that.
I just more of the same. All the pops and crackles and that amazing 5cyl acceleration sound just more and louder.

I drove a new Bentley with the Sports Exhaust which, ****** hell, pops and crackles in a richer, deeper tone than the RS3 even.
Alas, the missus thought it didn;t suit the car and that was that.... ha. I would have loved to have it but I never did grow up and I am nearing 50,

This RS3 is an absolute joy and frees up my hooligan nature at which it excels and I do not fear for the car as it is so well built.
One of my integrales I booted in first gear, even though well warmed up, and the engine blew up, right in the middle of Woking High Street.
Cost a LOT... won't drive them anymore.

Mines is going into Audi next week for a service,said it was due an update on its soft wear, hope it's not to do with my exhaust that iv been hearing about!!
Last update on mine stopped the car starting with the exhaust in dynamic, even if the car is always in individual with the exhaust set to dynamic. Its a tad irritating as i now have to scroll back through the modes every time i start the car! The problem is, they wont tell you what they change, & you cant say no, because of the warranty etc.

Last update on mine stopped the car starting with the exhaust in dynamic, even if the car is always in individual with the exhaust set to dynamic. Its a tad irritating as i now have to scroll back through the modes every time i start the car! The problem is, they wont tell you what they change, & you cant say no, because of the warranty etc.

I think only a few slipped through the net with this ability as you should have to cycle with all, all find it a pain.

Update:
Thanks to @Aoon_M managed to get a brand new OEM Sports Exhaust fitted.

It is very loud, very rude, anti-social, annoys passers by and makes one look like a right wide-boy tosser....

I LOVE it !! :)

No need for the 2nd cat delete. This is plenty loud and I am now glad I had the standard exhaust to appreciate the difference.
Stinks a bit but needs to bed in, of course.

Main Service next week and then on to some sort of Power Upgrade...

Reactions: Aoon_M, Radman and AudiNutta
It is an awesome exhaust! I don't know why people would spend thousands on Milltek etc. Silent in comfort tho, eh?!

Silent in comfort tho, eh?!

Quiet enough not to make the missus force me to sell it immediately (which she would do!)

Phew...

Amazing that an exhaust so loud in dynamic is relatively normal in comfort. Simple yet very effective engineering.

Reactions: Aoon_M, Terminator x and Radman