Need a sports exhaust

Take my advice, get the secondary decat pipes fitted and then see if you need the sports exhaust. They make a fantastic noise.

Hard to say without seeing the internal design of a Miltek Vs. OEM sports exhaust cat back. I would have thought however, that the cat back Miltek is just going to get you a nicer exhaust note and obvs not much in performance gains.

I had a resonated Miltek turbo back system on my old s3 8p and it wasn't loud really. Louder than OEM system but not Asbo loud. Get the Miltek, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

Thanks - looks like the way I have to go.
Will see if I can get it fitted tomorrow.... :)

The system does look like it replace the secondary cats so it will likely have marginal improvements in flow and therefore power/torque.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Thanks - looks like the way I have to go.
Will see if I can get it fitted tomorrow.... :)

The system does look like it replace the secondary cats so it will likely have marginal improvements in flow and therefore power/torque.

It's the cheap way to go and I've heard it in person, albeit on a Sports Exhaust car. I can see it adding to a standard exhaust what you are looking for.

It's the cheap way to go and I've heard it in person, albeit on a Sports Exhaust car. I can see it adding to a standard exhaust what you are looking for.
Won't the secondary de-cat pipes make the car louder in comfort mode as well?

Won't the secondary de-cat pipes make the car louder in comfort mode as well?

It will yes, but it will be silenced / increased by the opening and closing of the valves the same. Anything leaving the OEM backbox in would have this effect still. I believe it causes no drone and I am 99.9% sure if you didn't tell your wife, she would never notice.

There is good reason why no sports exhausts are for sale ;) decat has no drone either. If you open it up even in comfort though you can hear the difference!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Every change for instance decats leaves a drone somewhere. The system is tuned from the beginning by Audi to not have any drone and changing it of course there is, common sense. For me its not a big deal but some probably don't like it and should keep it as oem as possible. I have drone especially in startup with cold engine and both flaps wide open all the time in Milltek catback but that is just in certain rpm and when start driving, drone is gone.

If you have the stock exhaust all you need to do is remove secondary decats. You'll be satisfied.

Sports exhaust minus secondaries is epic

Sports exhaust minus primary and secondary is asbo

Sports exhaust minus primary, secondary and centre box is down right unnecessary

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and D0C
It really doesn't drone, I have one trust me.

TX.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Looks like I am going to purchase a Milltek un-resonated catback exhaust.... and pick it up in the week.

The missus never goes above 2.5K revs so I should get away with it. Anybody got one?

You're worrying way too much about the missus!

Ha.
Put it this way... my life is a lot better when the missus is happy.
:)

Reactions: Tomplumb
Just fit
Looking at Milltek now...

However, looking at the resonated cat-back system as, correct me if I am wrong, this is all I need to replicate the OEM sports exhaust.

What I don't want is the car to be much, or any, louder in Comfort mode but I want the noise of the sports exhaust in Dynamic.

basically, I don't want the missus moaning about it.... she will only ever drive it in Comfort.... :)
Just fit secondary de cats for like 170 quid will give you most of the sports exhaust sound hundreds have done it now and been happy and it's cheap

Is that a Warranty buster?

Probably yes, the primary cat would invalidate for definite. Give a dealer a ring, you haven't done any wrong if you don't do it. But, even if you buy a sports exhaust and have anybody fit it but Audi technically it could be invalidated.

Less than
Is that a Warranty buster?
a full miltek will be.

easy very easy to change out just the secondary's,

will give you all the sound you need and keeps it looking standard.

Don't waste time with the full miltek esp waste the cash just do the secondary's.
doesn't affect the Ecu and no drone just lots more of the good noise

Aoon bought the full miltek then sold it out standard exhaust back on says it all really

Less than

a full miltek will be.

easy very easy to change out just the secondary's,

will give you all the sound you need and keeps it looking standard.

Don't waste time with the full miltek esp waste the cash just do the secondary's.
doesn't affect the Ecu and no drone just lots more of the good noise

Am just looking at the backbox - cat back. Secondarys untouched.

Am just looking at the backbox - cat back. Secondarys untouched.

That should be warranty safe but these exhausts cost big money with valves. I know of quite a few people that have sold Milteks totally disappointed!

That should be warranty safe but these exhausts cost big money with valves. I know of quite a few people that have sold Milteks totally disappointed!
Eek, putting me off now :)
I did put a deposit down but could get out of it as they can only order the part in on Monday morning.
Spoke with Aoon who was very helpful and certainly had a bad experience with them.
As I mentioned to him, my preference is for an OEM sports exhaust but they are impossible to find.

Other reviews say they are very good quality but, then again, nobody has come on this thread and gave any positive feedback!

As they are fitting it, and they are Milltek approved and local, I am sure I can get anything awry sorted out but now having second thoughts.

Eek, putting me off now :)
I did put a deposit down but could get out of it as they can only order the part in on Monday morning.
Spoke with Aoon who was very helpful and certainly had a bad experience with them.
As I mentioned to him, my preference is for an OEM sports exhaust but they are impossible to find.

Other reviews say they are very good quality but, then again, nobody has come on this thread and gave any positive feedback!

As they are fitting it, and they are Milltek approved and local, I am sure I can get anything awry sorted out but now having second thoughts.

Not aiming to put you off, just want you to get a good idea of previous experience.

The Audi Sports Exhaust is so good, there is no need to differ from it.

The Audi Sports Exhaust is so good, there is no need to differ from it.

Agreed - If I could find one I will buy it on the spot!
Been looking for 1 week now. The Milltel is the fall-back position as a viable alternative.

Agreed - If I could find one I will buy it on the spot!
Been looking for 1 week now. The Milltel is the fall-back position as a viable alternative.

Hopefully Audi can source you one. I have noticed quite a lot of accident damaged RS3's, perhaps there are some breaking online.

I'd say no. I'll attach a pic of mine later with the little connector pipe shown.

TX.

Here you go.

TX.
IMG 20161111 1049487
IMG 20161111 1050250

I believe that's a sports exhaust? It has the two small pipes connecting the outlets to the tips?!

@terminator x can you shed any light?

Yeah, spookily enough I had already contacted him.
It looked like it did have something where that little pipe would be but I asked for other pics and it showed that it was just the underside of the valve mechanism.

Do miltek do the backbox only to fit the standard system? There's plenty been in for warranty work with secondary de cat and no issues a large completely diff shiney stainless backbox will be very obvious. Buy the secondary's you can always sell I know two people who have recently got second hand sports exhausts they come up do secondary's and be patient and you will find one

Reactions: D0C
I just cancelled my Milltek order as it look like Aoon has found me a OEM sports exhaust!!
****** brilliant.

The true benefits of a forum. Well done Aoon!

Brilliant, he's a star :D Let us know how you get on.

The true benefits of a forum. Well done Aoon!

Agreed!

Well happy.
The OEM exhaust is what I really wanted..
Better for resale, no warranty issues. quality kit.

Hopefully fitting it on Friday, then have a 400 mile round trip on Saturday to Manchester and back so that should coke it in nicely.

Power box next.

Reactions: Tomplumb and AudiNutta
Glad I could help,

The OEM Sports exhaust is honestly one of the best systems I've seen on a car by far. Its a really really good system, Scorpion and BCS have actually turned around and said they won't be making an aftermarket system for the RS3 as they cannot better the stock sports exhaust.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Terminator x and Evotion
PS, the stock audi sports exhaust actually has a sound chamber inside the backbox on the left hand side, this sound chamber amplifies the sound and acts like a mechanical speaker. Audi went through over 50 different systems when designing the exhaust for the RS3, and they haven't disappointed.

My friends with straight piped RS3 8P and TTRS 8J are astounded on how loud my car actually is as its louder than theirs with the added benefit of zero drone even with all cats removed, and then how quiet it can become when placed into comfort mode.

Reactions: Terminator x