1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need a favour Guys

phoenixv6quattro Jul 24, 2014

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Hi Gents,

Need a favour. My wifes 3.0 v6 a4 avant has developed a problem. I need somebody to plug her into vagcom and see what the fault codes are so I can identify and fix it. I live in Wycombe but will travel to you if anyone can help.

In a nutshell the problem is an intermittent throttle. One in 20/30 times when the throttle is depressed the revs freeze up and I have to either depress the clutch or take my foot off the throttle then reapply for the the revs to return to normal.

I would very much appreciate help with this.

-Ollie

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Cobra88

Cobra88 Registered User

Hi Ollie

Is that High Wycombe ?

I am a fair distance but no problem if you can get here.

4. phoenixv6quattro

Hi buddy.

Yes that is indeed High Wycombe. Where abouts are you? I can travel as long as its not 100+ miles (I realise I'm in no position to make demands but I have to factor in petrol the old girls very thirsty).

5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  6. Cobra88

Cobra88 Registered User

Hi Ollie

I may be visiting my Mum over weekend (Near Heathrow)

I will let you know if I am.

Good point about the map although many of us don't know how to add ourselves to it so its not accurate in full.
    I'm off to look at it now :)

7. phoenixv6quattro

That would be awesome! Let me know if you do and I will come over with beer!

Thanks!

8. bonifacy87

bonifacy87 Registered User

Hi. I'm from High Wycombe as well. Unfortunately I don't have vagcom but recently I wasn't able to delete service massage in my b8. Then I found a guy in Piddington that has a proper snap on diagnostic tool and he did a job for me for a tenner. He works in a garage just behind just vauxhall and his name is Alex. Just for future reference. I can go there with you any time. Just let me know. Take care