Near head on crash with a BMW

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
He was the wrong side of the road on a bend over a crossing. missed me by about half a metre. Hope he hit something stationary like a tree further on and paralysed himself.

11012013 - YouTube

Reactions: Scottyt
I just had some bellend in a BMW almost reverse into me. We were all driving to the park carpark and he stopped suddenly in the carpark (no one in front of him and no spaces for him to go into) and he then started slowly reversing. I couldn't go anywhere as I had cars behind me, yet he kept reversing (no idea why!). Then he stopped. I managed to move back enough to get out but just as I'd finished reversing he started reversing again! Trapping me in again tight. He just kept slowly reversing, I have no idea what he was doing but I had to blast my horn at him as he obviously wasn't going to stop, he must have been millimeters away from my bumper when I beeped my horn. It would have been rather amusing for me if he did hit me though as the whole thing was captured on my BlackVue!

When the car behind me managed to make enough room for me I finally managed to reverse out and go around him - my girlfriend put the window down to have a go at him for being an absolute pleb but he kept his head turned to the left as I slowly passed him on the right. He deserved a slap for being a chump! No idea what he was trying to achieve.

I think these cameras are a good idea.

What a bell end over taking in a 30 like that, also noted 2 cars in that little clip with only one working headlamp...GGGRRRR

i'd say the camera was a good idea IF it could make the number plates clearer, i know the conditions weren't the best here but i couldn't make anything out.

Byzan, that was the confusing bit, I couldn't make out what cars were where, I only saw him at the last moment.

Wolfie, It was the worse possible conditions, crappy street lighting, heavy cloud cover and no moon. Couple that with the speed of the car then I don't think there is a camera on the market that would view the front plate.

Wolfie, It was the worse possible conditions, crappy street lighting, heavy cloud cover and no moon. Couple that with the speed of the car then I don't think there is a camera on the market that would view the front plate.

I find the numberplate sometimes just become a white box when it's pitch black and you've got your headlights on as the light just shines back from the reflective backing.

i know, i acknowledged that in my posts, the point was that incidents don't always occur under perfect conditions, and that can affect the usefulness of the camera.

sorry I ended out looking at your videos of Sierras on your youtube... but yea boy ion the BMW was a complete plonker..

but back on topic ( off topic ) any pics of the sierra? you still got it?

I sold it last October, bit sad to see it go after owning it for so long, about 15 years. It started to need a lot of money spent on it, and as I only drove it less then 300 miles a year I couldn't justify spending the cash, plus it cost me around £500 a year just to keep it with insurance , mot and storage fees.