Navigation Plus RNS-D Problem

Sully79

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this. My RNS-D is picking up 0 satellites, checked forums and the majority of people were saying it's def the GPS antenna so bought a hockey puck antenna, hooked it up but no joy. Bought this A6 around 6 months ago and the satnav was never working on it but only got round to having a proper look at it and can't find a whole lot of info on the internet about the RNS-D. Had a look at the software version and it seems to be up to date according to info I got on the net. Does anyone have any advice about where I go from here. Thanks in advance.

I would chuck it and get the later RNS-E DVD based sat nav unit.

I would love to because it seems everyone has nothing but good to say about the RNS-E but as I'd be only using it for long journeys which is not very often I don't think it would be justified buying a whole new system. I was hoping it was something as simple as the antenna but no such luck and thanks for the rapid reply B5NUT.

It could be a bad connection inside the unit, take the top off and have a look. Another option would be to get a working unit off ebay, they don't fetch much £100 ish.

Didn't realise they were that cheap, I suppose that justifies your 1st comment, ha ha. Will have to look out for a cheap 1 just to prove if it is or not the unit. Thanks.

that's for a used RNS-D the RNS-E will be around 300-400 depending on condition.

Cheapest I could find was £230. I have a friend with another A6 so if he has the same unit as me i could try his unit i suppose to check it out. Will prob end up blowing his unit aswell, ha ha.

Ya was looking at that aswell but it's described as only the screen and disk drive is working, want to make sure it's def the unit before i take it apart.