NAV update - DB version still the same.

AFN1980

Reaction score
Hi guys, am after some info. I have a 2013 A7 which has MMI 3g+. I had the 2013 maps and today took it into audi to get the latest 2016 updates.

My question is, should the Nav database version change on the MMI?

I took a picture in the morning and when I checked it at the dealers after they handed it back to me the version hado not changed.

I spoke with the workshop controller and showed him the picture and he went back yo the tech. The master tech said it has been updated and the information is on the audi server and he will send me over the confirmation on Monday. He said the version doesn't always change and that the date should. There is no date there.

I believe the new version should be 6.22.4

Picture attached from my MMI Can anyone advise?

Cheers

Attachments

• 20160416_073846.jpg
    20160416_073846.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 280
I think you are still running old maps there.

This is what I think. The dealer kept saying that the number might not change.

Can anyone else help maybe if someone has done this update on an A6 or an A7.

I will have to go on a 40 mile drive to the new roads in the past 2 years to see if the update is working. Crazy.

Cheers

Not sure if the database version changes if only the entire European maps are updated. Maybe the dealer updates just UK?

The map updates are for Europe only, there is no UK only update.

On all the updates I have had done the DB version has changed

Hey guys so an update on my map update issue. After 3 attempts the dealer finally got the update right! The version should have changed in the first place but because I was running older firmware the map data did not show. The car needed the latest firmware and then the map update after that. It is now running the correct setup.

So in short you need to get your firmware done and then update to the new maps. All sorted now. Just can't believe it took 3 attempts and 3 days to get it sorted!

I should have realised this, sorry I always ask the dealer for firmware updates before maps.
No worries mate. I would have imagined the dealer should have told me first. Which they didn't. Not going to tell you what they said to me when I said it was wrong! Anyway all sorted now. Just have to remember if I ever have it done again firmware first then maps.

Just traded in my A6 allroad for a Q5 with old firmware and maps database. I asked the local dealer where I didn't buy the Q5 for information on what updates were possible. They offered to look at my Q5 and advise on updates for £60 plus £100s more to actually do some updates.

For anyone looking to do this yourself another Audi forum has just enough info to help you do this yourself without access to VCDS. Though if problems arise, you will need VCDS.

I needed all 5 MMI software updates on this link but now have 2016 Maps on my Q5

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/111922-mmi-3g-navigation-6-a.html

My main issue was the Maps files just won't fit on any 32GB SD I have. They all format to 28.9GB but the files are 29.1GB.

However, the MMI in my Q5 allows updates via USB. So £17 at PC World for a 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive today solved the 'won't fit' issue.

The 5 firmware updates took 2 hours in total in 5 reasonably easy steps. Warning, the 3 hours to update my maps database made me appreciate why Audi want to charge so much.

So, do your research and it can be done with patience more than skill.