Nav question.

bbpc3 i think mine was 21055 or 20155 but i believe each one has a unique code , not sure though.
There is an option in VCP that will search for it , it takes a little time though.

thanks, i tried the 21055 already; wasn't able to get access to the right parts of the EEPROM. the keyfinder function is nice, but range must be limited so it would be good to know where to look for....
is there someone else who can give me a code or a hint?

I used the VIM method from the serial number and searched with VCP from that starting point.

Hello, my name is Daniel. Pls help me with an advice.

I have an Audi A4 with mmi 3g high navigation. I buyed a mmi 3g plus navigation unit. Display, center console, mmi unit and radio.

I need to remove component protection for mmi unit. I have genuine VCDS and genuine VCP.

With VCP i've managed to read eeprom in standard diagnose (security login key ok - i've find it with mmi 3g vim calculator) from old unit. adress 4096 from 640 to 770 hex Now write it in new unit eeprom. Problem is i don't know how to do it. I don't know how to find the key to login to engineer mode to be able to write new eeprom.

Pls escuse my english. It is very bad.

If you have time and pleasure pls shoot me a mail or a reply at this message.

Kind regards, Daniel.

P.S: I've send 2-3 mail to VCP support team, but i din not recived any answer.

Another problems is that the can-gateway stores information on the current 5F module (serial etc), and only one 5F module can be registered on the gateway at any one time, so even if you managed to hack the old CP information into the new 5F module the gateway will not accept this and put the module back into CP,as it will see a new 5F module.

I am 100 % sure that it can it can be done with VCP. 100 %. I've seen this done.

Hello, my name is Daniel. Pls help me with an advice.

I have an Audi A4 with mmi 3g high navigation. I buyed a mmi 3g plus navigation unit. Display, center console, mmi unit and radio.

I need to remove component protection for mmi unit. I have genuine VCDS and genuine VCP.

With VCP i've managed to read eeprom in standard diagnose (security login key ok - i've find it with mmi 3g vim calculator) from old unit. adress 4096 from 640 to 770 hex Now write it in new unit eeprom. Problem is i don't know how to do it. I don't know how to find the key to login to engineer mode to be able to write new eeprom.

Pls escuse my english. It is very bad.

If you have time and pleasure pls shoot me a mail or a reply at this message.

Kind regards, Daniel.

P.S: I've send 2-3 mail to VCP support team, but i din not recived any answer.
Hi Daniel,
Sorry for the late reply , i went to the dealer to have the CP removed , it was not possible any other way because from all the research I have done online i came to the conclusion that the Audi server has to approve the components to match.

Hi, I have the VCP and I need to read the MMI eeprom to make a language change.
Somebody can help me with the procedure to do that. I have the secuity code of my MMI.

Thanks

Slowly, I've got MMI 3G+ installed but still need to update a few modules in the car to get everything working
WP_20141205_001_zps5add912b.jpg
Which modules do you have to upgrade?

As per my Pm, your A6 C7 5F unit will not work correctly in a Q7. The can-bus system is different in A6 C7.

As per my Pm, your A6 C7 5F unit will not work correctly in a Q7. The can-bus system is different in A6 C7.
Thanks, bought a Q7 unit and it's working fine. Only bluetooth menu is greyed out. any coding with vcds or Green menu?

when I remember right you have to activate it in the green menu, let me check later

Thanks, bought a Q7 unit and it's working fine. Only bluetooth menu is greyed out. any coding with vcds or Green menu?
sorry for my late replay, you can/must try this:

1: open your green menu

2: go to diagnose -> settings

3: under point “Tel settings misc” change / set “../../noBT/noHFP” to “../../BT/HFP”

4: reboot! your MMI

5: go to 5F (MMI 3G / infotaiment)

6: adaption - 10

7: choose channel 17 – Bluetooth (internal)

8: default value is 0 - change it to new value 1

sorry for my late replay, you can/must try this:

1: open your green menu

2: go to diagnose -> settings

3: under point “Tel settings misc” change / set “../../noBT/noHFP” to “../../BT/HFP”

4: reboot! your MMI

5: go to 5F (MMI 3G / infotaiment)

6: adaption - 10

7: choose channel 17 – Bluetooth (internal)

8: default value is 0 - change it to new value 1
this is for 3G MMI, i have the MMI 3G plus, not the same green menu : don't have Tel setting misc but Tel setting, i checked the bluetooth and i enabled the internal bluetooth with vcds.
I also updated my MMi firmware but still have the same problem

check if you can change something in the point "Bluetooth" on main page in your hidden menu, then
go to tel_settings and activate "BT activation (bluetooth)",then
go to diagnose/settings and check the point ami_aux, enable the points "AMI" and "AMI BT (bluetooth)"
that should be enough, in case the above points are all already done but still no BT just let me know

Hi guys I've got issue with my navigation. I've got 2005 Audi A6 (4F) C6 3.0TDI Saloon. My navigation failed to work, as not connecting to satelites. However it seems to see the satelites, because in the hidden menu/navigation/sensor data it shows 0/x (x=0-12) satelites, most of the time 0/9 or 0/12, but does not connect. Im living in southwest England, and here is often raining.
icon_e_sad.gif

I've already changed the gps aerial (4F5.035.503.G), and bought aftermarket cable from e-bay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CEN-Fakra-Z-A ... 1735378712 ).
My navigation comes back to work when we got a couple of sunny/dry day, but after rain it's stop working again. I understand, this could be water damage, my queston is: if the antenna gets wet, has to be changed? This morning i've applied some silicon around the fin from outside (when i changed the antenna, applied some silicone inside, and around the cup) so it has to be now waterproof. VCDS scan done this morning, got the following log:

Address 37: Navigation Labels: 4E0-910-88x-37.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 4E0 910 888 P HW: 4E0 919 887 C
Component and/or Version: MNS ECE H41 1060
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code: WSC 00441 210 97470
VCID: 3B6CD70BE36555DA0A32591-806E
2 Faults Found:

00862 - Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52)
011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101011
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 231
Mileage: 161813 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2016.07.01
Time: 06:47:32

02927 - DVD Read Error
000 - - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 225
Mileage: 161708 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2016.06.28
Time: 17:01:09

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x5772
Hex Value: 0xAD55
Hex Value: 0x0401
Hex Value: 0x0000

Just ignore the dvd read error, caused by lense cleaner disc i guess. Did i missed something? Is the aftermarket cable can cause my problem? If the gps aerial see the satelites, why not connecting?

If you have tried 2 GPS antenna and both give the same results then the nav unit must be faulty. It's not uncommon for them to fail, and I've replaced a few over the years.

Thanks for the answer! :) Well...i don't think that i'll buy a new nav unit, as it is far too expensive. Even the used ones on e-bay Ł300-400...

Yeah, i already bought one of those, but still didn't work... this happend before i've changed the aerial.

check if you can change something in the point "Bluetooth" on main page in your hidden menu, then
go to tel_settings and activate "BT activation (bluetooth)",then
go to diagnose/settings and check the point ami_aux, enable the points "AMI" and "AMI BT (bluetooth)"
that should be enough, in case the above points are all already done but still no BT just let me know
did all that, nothing worked, i even installed the new north american firmware but nothing
Was playing in 5F adaptation and i lost my navigation data. navigation menu: navigation data is invalid. went to dealer: 150$ to scan and identify problem and then if i need a map at least another 500$. so i gave up and ordered another unit from ebay

but you still have Access to the unit? if yes please send me a pm