Nasty oil leak on my S4

Morne

Reaction score
Hi all my car went in for a service yesterday,when i got it back was told that both rocker covers are leaking and that underneath there is oil everywhere.So my question is if the rockers are leaking would there be much oil under the car? i thought one of my turbos were causing the oil as was told a seal has gone on one there is oil over the old plugs and i assume this is where the oil is dripping down.Correct?

Clean it off and see if were its coming from if it is the valve cover gaskets replace them see if it cures it, it is a common fault for them to leak.

And may mean that you dont need to touch the turbos for awhile.

Reactions: Morne
Ok thanks if its commen then like u said can wait a bit ,will clean it and see this weekend thanks again

If leaking from the rocket/cam cover gaskets then oil can & will contaminate where the spark plugs locate, you will also have oil make its way onto the down the back of the heads on to manifolds, turbos etc.

Yes when i had it on a lift last the driver side turbo was covered in oil so that made me think the turbo seal might have gone but now both sides are covered with oil.So when driving and i slow down lets say for a round about then exhilarate there is blue smoke only for a second or so only one ,and u can smell oil.

So the smell i assume is the oil on the exhaust,as for the smoke would that still be the turbo?

If your getting blue smoke, the oil is inside the combustion system, its not oil dripping on the outside of the turbos.

Blue also suggests its burning the oil ie drawing it into the cylinders, rather than leaking directly into the exhaust from the turbo.

It could still be a faulty turbo ofcourse, but it could also be bad Stem seals or a breather issue.

Ok i assume i will only know once the engine is taken apart to what it is