Narrow escape

Rich76

Reaction score
Travelling home from visiting the family in Shropshire we called to do some some shopping in Corby on the way home

travelling along the road between Corby and Stamford we had a very lucky and narrow escape

the car in front veered across the white line as we exited a corner and collided with the guard rail and rear wheels of an artic !

All air bags in car deployed , nothing left of the front drivers corner and then the car is spinning in the road literally meters in front of me!
So close that we could hear the occupants screaming!

managed to get to a halt with out hitting anything other than debris in the road !

Was first to the car pulling the door open to access the driver, her daughter and friend still screaming in the back!

I won’t post images of the car Out of respect for the last but will post one or two of the damage to the trailer unit !

two hours later we left the scene after been interviewed by the police ( armed unit responded) also present was the fire service major incident commander, two fire engines an ambulance and air ambulance !!

At one point it was all set for the roof to come off the car!
But the lady climbed out if the car under her own steam before been taken away by road ambulance!

police on scene said if it had been a smaller less built car it would probably not if had the same outcome !!

be careful out there people

Attachments

• 39468D5F-EAED-4CFD-B216-031D752E621B.jpeg
    39468D5F-EAED-4CFD-B216-031D752E621B.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 160
  • F04DFBAC-11BF-4BD7-97CA-5CBD104C5F69.jpeg
    F04DFBAC-11BF-4BD7-97CA-5CBD104C5F69.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 165
Hope your okay dude and the people from the car too

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Can’t get the noise of the screaming out of my head or the image of the impact , in sure I’ll be ok in a day or two

the driver seemed ok , certainly well enough for the services to allow her to stand up and then get on to the stretcher all be it strapped down and in a neck brace

Reactions: Bryant1998
Scary! Last December, my wife's A3 cost to much to repair so we ended up getting a larger car. I'm so glad we did after she was rear ended by a van sat at lights and pushed into a van in front.
This is the remains of her Lexus IS250. We only had it 8 weeks! Dont think the A3 would have protected her as well as the Lexus did.
20181212 085800 2016x1512

Accidents can happen and having been at more than a few over the years some the cars involved have been wrecked (fubar) and the people walked away and others look not as bad bad but are fatalities .
Its is scary at times the lack of concentration some drivers have when out in cars especially when an emergency vehicle catches up with them .
Robin , Hope your wife is ok after this .
Rich , If you are struggling get in touch with the police traffic officer involved , or your Doctor and see if they can arrange for you to see someone who can talk to you and help you get through this .You may think you are ok but talking always helps .(Been there done that !)