Nardo grey with aluminium pack - any pics?

Rick P

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just placed an order for Nardo Grey RS3 with aluminum pack. I know from scouring the forums that this combination isn't favoured by many but from what I've seen, I prefer the way it looks (esp back) over the gloss black package.

Anyone got any pics of theirs in this combination? I've seen LuckyLee's on this forum and it was spot on!

here's one I saw at an Audi showcase a few months ago and was ragged round a track all day :)

IMG 1567

Reactions: Scottyg, 45bvtc and Rick P
I really like this combination, other owners/buyers have generally dissuaded me and advised to go for gloss black package. What do you think?

If I am honest I don't mind the alu pack with nardo but I am in the camp who prefers the black pack .... sorry :)

I just think that the nardo being light needs a darker contrast and then black cars or daytona grey work well with the alum pack.

It does still look nice, but I prefer the black - its just personal preference - but alum and nardo still looks good and I liked the above car when I saw it.

If I am honest I don't mind the alu pack with nardo but I am in the camp who prefers the black pack .... sorry :)

I just think that the nardo being light needs a darker contrast and then black cars or daytona grey work well with the alum pack.

It does still look nice, but I prefer the black - its just personal preference - but alum and nardo still looks good and I liked the above car when I saw it.

Thanks for the honesty. I definitely get the principle but I think the black pack takes away some of the design features in the grille. Additionally, the exhaust border looks awesome, again I feel you lose that with black. Have you seen LuckyLee's? Have posted below, hopefully he doesn't mind.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,594
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 864
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 765
That combo was what put me off nardo. Though it looks good in the pics the ones I seen in nardo in flesh all had Ali pack and put me right off.

Keep reading likes and dislikes of the colour choices and all but for me I just love what this Audi RS3 does as an all-year-round road machine: took all of 3-days from driving one to finding one - and one of the first available here in the UK - to laying down a sufficient number of £notes to make sure it came back to my home garage - and here 4-years on BLUEY remains with nowt tickling the fancy for change

The car's the star, the colour combo just really is down to personal choice and/or whatever: we were given Cornflower blue and no alternative as all sales were taken and for sure we've grown to love the colour as is...

I like ALL Audi RS3s, whatever the colour... :racer:

Reactions: TMP-Audi and Scottyg
I saw a Nardo with aluminium pack (I ordered this originally) and literally changed it instantly. Black pack with it looks great! But remember, each to their own hence why you can make your own combos to suit.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Thanks for your comments guys, I don't feel like a massive outlying anomaly anymore :) I will stick to my guns and not change the order (for now). Will post pics when it arrives!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I think the Alu Pack on the one above looks outstanding. Having the 'normal' colour alloy wheels hits the spot too. Go for it.

Reactions: Rick P
I think the Alu Pack on the one above looks outstanding. Having the 'normal' colour alloy wheels hits the spot too. Go for it.

Yep. Ordered just like that one. Buzzing, thanks for the encouragement!

Reactions: Scottyg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 641
The rear valence does look better with the silver outline trim but rest of the car doesn't work - flat grey against flat silver

19979f6446fe735f4956a8b0fee32ef1.jpg

1cff165cb37e8f362844a5cbfdf75a7e.jpg

1911ec906312651d23dc44fcdcead122.jpg

I drove this one at Worthing Audi and whilst I loved the car it did put me off the colour combo:

288v7v6.jpg

TX.

I like the alu pack but if I did spec it I would definitely have had the window frames wrapped in gloss black

Reactions: nervus
Changed the order to gloss black pack. I feel relieved, that must be a good sign.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 658
Reactions: kayemill, Garby81, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
Still looking forward to the pics and your views. Glad you stuck with the other wheels. :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Rick P
Welcome to the nardo/gloss black team!

Reactions: Rick P and jimojameso
Nardo with Black pack just rocks!

2a37f31aaef885f935e7c3c492ce40cf.jpg

6031ff124f646623529d53bd08ecb297.jpg

6ee998370c178404bce9a07dcdda568b.jpg

59062d5ae7921aae9f89455e652baf06.jpg

a702bfb18964d6a218c8e2a0aa7233fe.jpg

Reactions: jimojameso, nadsi77, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
I like both pack on most colours. Generally agree that a contrast works best (Black with silver/ White with black) but....

I cannot abide the silver window surrounds - they look awful and much more in line with an SE spec or a Jag. So, I've gone black with black! Chrome mirrors though and standard silver wheels (which wont last long).

Also hat the roof rails as it looks too SUV but I appreciate many people actually will need use and need them!

I cannot abide the silver window surrounds - they look awful and much more in line with an SE spec or a Jag

Lol just say no to chrome on jags too, dealer commented my spec was one of first cars he's seen with black pack

69ca3a6c608e97eac58e036b52058176.jpg

Reactions: Radford212, DommyR, AndyB-S3 and 2 others

They aren't the normal wheels are they??? Look like Titanium..on the first picture on this thread, all other variants are on here though.

here's one I saw at an Audi showcase a few months ago and was ragged round a track all day :)

View attachment 74462

That looks like a certain track more suited to Bikes if I'm correct :grinning:, bet it was a real blast, lots of memories. It's making me think about doing a couple of track days in the car just to see how it feels compered to a bike on some of the tracks...

That looks like a certain track more suited to Bikes if I'm correct :grinning:, bet it was a real blast, lots of memories. It's making me think about doing a couple of track days in the car just to see how it feels compered to a bike on some of the tracks...

ha ha you are indeed correct well spotted.

and tbh with it being a tight twisty track it made the hot laps all the more enjoyable ... the tyres were shreaded though as the car was cornering so hard and traction was stunning plus lots of heaving braking and hard accelleration. So yes it was really a great experience.

IMG 1599

Reactions: jimojameso
Though it was, had many a great day up there on my R6, be really interesting to try the car around it. The "leap" must have been interesting :flushed: :grinning:

Though it was, had many a great day up there on my R6, be really interesting to try the car around it. The "leap" must have been interesting :flushed: :grinning:

The 'leap' was the best bit, as the Pro did his absolute best each time to launch the car as much as he could - there was no holding back :)

Yeah even though it's known for being a bike circuit, it was terrific to take a car round, much more interesting than say Silverstone or the like with a really wide track and shallow corners.

The RS3 was going round all day each time doing 3 laps. I went around late morning and it had been going constant since 9.00am with just 5 or 10 minutes max between sessions and when I was about to go out the Pro showed me the tyres and they had literally melted in places, but it was a hot August day and the car was very grippy and cornering at some very credible speed :)

Where's Mr 8 to tell us that a Golf R is better...as they say at Christmas Bah Humbug I'm sticking with Audi.

Reactions: Terminator x and jimojameso
Where's Mr 8 to tell us that a Golf R is better...as they say at Christmas Bah Humbug I'm sticking with Audi.

Audi all the way mate and RS3 in a different league to the soul-less Golf R.

Reactions: jimojameso
Does anyone know if the golf mk5 fsi 1.6 has a soft touch dash