Nardo - easy to live with?

Riko0073

Reaction score
What’s owners experience with Nardo grey?

I’ve never had a ‘solid’ colour car with all being metallic or pearl, love the look of Nardo but is it easy to keep looking good, prone to swirls, hides the muck well, water marks?

Anyone’s experience would be appreciated.

Reactions: sve170
Love mine! It’s not for everyone, but with the black pack its looks spot on! I had my car detailed upon collection and so far, 1.5 years in to ownership, it’s pretty much blemish free with the exception of a few stone chips on the bonnet. It hides the dirt pretty well truth be said, but does look incredibly flat when or if it’s not been washed for a while. Swirls are very hard to see unless very close and in strong direct sunlight, does hide a multitude of sins like the white R I had, swirls were almost not existent. Great car, great colour :icon thumright:

Reactions: deepy, sve170 and Riko0073
Love mine! It’s not for everyone, but with the black pack its looks spot on! I had my car detailed upon collection and so far, 1.5 years in to ownership, it’s pretty much blemish free with the exception of a few stone chips on the bonnet. It hides the dirt pretty well truth be said, but does look incredibly flat when or if it’s not been washed for a while. Swirls are very hard to see unless very close and in strong direct sunlight, does hide a multitude of sins like the white R I had, swirls were almost not existent. Great car, great colour :icon thumright:
Awesome mate, thank you.

I love Nardo on the RS3 and with the black pack it compliments it so well.

Nearly ready to pull the trigger as the next upgrade from my B9 S4 Avant, just need a decent test drive!

Reactions: FBF01

I’ve never had a ‘solid’ colour car with all being metallic or pearl, love the look of Nardo but is it easy to keep looking good, prone to swirls, hides the muck well, water marks?

Probably best all round colour I’ve had!

Easy to keep clean, looks special too.

Reactions: Slowracer, NevMan and Riko0073

As per a previous reply, it’s an awesome colour and with the Black Pack it’s perfect. The black gloss really finishes it off to perfections.
It’s also a real head-turner when driven, have seen people stare at mine and give a nod of approval.
As for washing it, use snow foam lance then the 2-bucket method for the hand wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073 and FBF01
Looks awesome under dark skies, not so good in bright sunlight. Black pack is a must imho.

TX.
03c9c31fa6e9caa454c59613681e1db2.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998, jimojameso, NevMan and 1 other person
I think it is an amazing colour, and it does get a lot of attention. It looks incredible and does hide the dirt well, but you do need to look after it, I got mine detailed with a Gtechniq coating and I love it.

I get that a lot of people say black pack is a must, but I personally don't like that on a Nardo car, it's the 'standard' for a Nardo car, I have only ever seen one like mine and love it, especially as it makes the grill look more pronounced than the cars with the black pack, but it's each to their own and what you like, I don't think you'll regret it either way!

Attachments

• IMG_7293.JPG
    IMG_7293.JPG
    473.5 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: sve170
7AC8F771 38F4 488B AF23 43DB077272FA

Love every bit of mine after 18months. Need to get it detailed at some point though

Reactions: deepy, jimojameso and NevMan
Nardo is an amazing colour and I've had so many compliments from random passers on it. I think it looks amazing whatever the weather is - would highly recommend getting it ceramic coated to keep it looking perfect for longer, although it doesn't show up dirt all that much anyway.

1UAvMI0.jpg

9Mc7VAU.jpg

vKvQIWy.jpg

Reactions: NevMan
Hands down, the best colour I've owned. Hides swirls and dirt better than any colour out there. I think it looks awesome in any light, but I especially love it in afternoon sunset light. I could almost do Nardo again, but since I did it on an S3 sedan, I think I'd go a different Exclusive colour when I upgrade to a FL RS3, if it makes it out here to Australia. Thinking Dark Red Mica....

...........as above with the''black pack''. But what spoils it now is the way just about every other car maker has done a version of it now.

Reactions: Slowracer and Callump01
...........as above with the''black pack''. But what spoils it now is the way just about every other car maker has done a version of it now.

The Ford one, available on the Fester ST, is actually a metallic colour. I never realised until I saw one up close the other day. It's really subtle like Misano Red where you have to catch it in the sun to spot the flake.

All of the above...…., hesitated on ordering but there was no need to worry, great colour.

Attachments

• sunset2.jpg
    sunset2.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: NevMan, FBF01 and sve170
Spotted a Nardo hatch today, had to look back!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Nardo & Black Pack combo is delicious.
Gets a lot of ‘nods’ and ‘thumbs up’ too.
Had a guy stop me when i was driving through town the other week to take a picture...
B8AB34E0 B019 4B63 896A B0C019EBE356

Reactions: jimojameso, NevMan, sve170 and 1 other person