1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Nano grey S1

JFH Apr 29, 2020

1. JFH

JFH New Member

Hi. I'm a new member on this site, so not sure if this kind of post is allowed (I'm sure I'll get banned if it isn't). I am looking at buying an Audi S1 in nano grey with leather seats (quite hard to get, I know...). I was wondering if anyone knew anyone with one for sale? Cheers!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. iLikefishing

iLikefishing Member

Try looking in the cars for sale here, good luck in your search :thumbs up:

JFH likes this.
  4. JFH

JFH New Member

Thanks. I ended up buying a nano grey S1 with the part-leather seats last week from a private seller. Will be switching in some super sport seats eventually :yes:

5. iLikefishing

iLikefishing Member

Nice did you get a three door or sport back ? I love mine, it only has the half leather but can’t justify the price to upgrade to full leather

JFH likes this.
  6. VeeFource

VeeFource Member

Call me wierd but I actually prefer the half leather. Think the full leather versions look a bit plain.

7. iLikefishing

iLikefishing Member

Nothing weird about that, I like the look of the leather seats but not the hard plastic backs, different strokes for different folks

8. Labern

Labern Labern

I'm also not a fan of the plastic backs on the sport seats.
    I have the full leather standard seats which I quite like.

9. iLikefishing

iLikefishing Member

I like those too, much more subtle than the hard backs

10. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Grey Man

Hope you find one! Great colour, here's mine. Not for sale & only half leather seats anyway! WP_20190314_12_03_20_Pro.jpg

JFH likes this.
  11. JFH

JFH New Member

I ended up buying one from Cardiff with 27,000 miles a month ago (a week after my parents bought a nano grey S3, so the driveway is embarrassingly matchy now!). It has part-leather seats but they aren't too bad actually. The car is perfect except from a clunk from the front right suspension (sounds like a bad control arm bushing to me) and a horrid rattle in the boot (have had everything out of it, all the boot panels off it, still can't solve it!). The colour is everything I was after and will be spending this weekend correcting the paint and then treating it to a ceramic coating. Very glad I waited a good 6 months for the right one to pop up for sale

Attached Files:

Johnny 99 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. JFH

JFH New Member

Your car is the one that made me realise I needed a nano grey S1! I remember you posting the pre-collection photos of your car and I then decided I didn't want a Daytona grey one. A lovely car you have!

Johnny 99 likes this.
  14. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Grey Man

Thanks, I am really happy with it! I can't wait to get out for a proper drive in it after the coronavirus thing is over. I'm in Scotland and we're not allowed to go more than 5 miles from home.