Nano-Coating behaviour?

Baron02

Reaction score
Hope you can help me out with my query, How should nano-coating behave when it rains etc. Mine just beads? It been treated with C1 & Exo but paintwork feels grippy..I've washed it using gwash and iron X fallout and dried using drying towel but still feels grippy.

Not sure if it is nano-coated or whether it been waxed. Also have bird etching marks on the paint as well after is been coated.

Who done your C1 exo coatings as they should be baked on and left for a good few hours before driving the car as that does not sound rite to me as i have had it done in the past and it was smooth

zenith detailing in kent. Only noticed over the last 3 days when it been raining and it don't seem to sheet, which makes me think it not been nano coated. it don't seem to repel snow foam either.

It’s not been done properly than as with them products you don’t even need to wash it just snow foam and jet wash job done I can dig some pics out of the way it was.

Sorry for the late reply, If you could that would be good. The detailer was meant to be coming to see me friday but did not turn up :(

Yea sheeting is the main behaviour.

I've seen lots of reports of the combination feeling 'grabby' when the time between application of C1 and EXO has been too long. Typically it should be applied quite soon after C1.

Do you know what formula of EXO was used? It's up to v3, which addresses these issues with the older formula IIRC.

can this be polished off and reapplied? I would do it myself but don't have that environment !

can this be polished off and reapplied? I would do it myself but don't have that environment !

Yup.

You might as well keep it and let it degrade though. The grabby-ness is likely to go away soon, and I would be more inclined to just let it degrade over the next 6-12months and then take it to another detailer later on.

Nothing stopping you applying a wax on top in the interim if the protection is very bad.

I would make sure the original detailer definitely isn’t going to sort it first though. Imagine it wasn’t cheap....

Hope you can help me out with my query, How should nano-coating behave when it rains etc. Mine just beads? It been treated with C1 & Exo but paintwork feels grippy..I've washed it using gwash and iron X fallout and dried using drying towel but still feels grippy.

Not sure if it is nano-coated or whether it been waxed. Also have bird etching marks on the paint as well after is been coated.
Mine feels really smooth as if there is a transparent coating on the paintwork, which I suppose it is meant to be. Months later and water runs off the car...

Some coatings are grabby, Gtechniq is the worst for it, I’m a Max Protect Approved Detailer, every singe Car I’ve Detailed and applied any Max Protect coatings on have been blown away by the results, super slick, super glossy amazing water behaviour, carpro have just released Gliss, a sort of grechniq EXO rival and it’s supposed to be really slick, you could try to get some of that and apply it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update the thread, slickness has improved over the last several washes with gwash, must admit I also used c2 every third wash as it get washed weekly.