Nabbed at 100mph

100 on the M25 should get you a medal :rockwoot:

You'll probably have to go to court so if you need your license might be worth talking to a solictor

lol... was at about 10.30pm so fairly quiet... they knock 10% + 1mph off though dont they ? so that would make it 92mph.....

What speed did they say they caught u doing?

that's what they'll put through

Ur speedo is pretty innacurate at 100 tho, prob is more like 93-94

They allow approx 10% + 1mph before they will do you for speeding, so if you were going 80mph on a motorway then you're unlikely to get done. However as soon as you exceed that, then they will do you for whatever they measured you at.
How were you caught?
If you were pulled over then they would have told you what speed they measured you at and whether you'd get a fixed penalty or a court hearing.
If you were done on a gantry camera then you're a fool, but most of the M25 camera's aren't live.
If you were done on a mobile trap then expect a NIP in the post in the next few days. Over 14 days and you have a good case to ignore it (as long as it's not a company car).
If you think you were doing 100mph based on your speedo then knock off 5-10% which means 95mph which will be a fixed penalty and 3 points.
If your actual speed was 100mph then you will have to go to court as it is a bannable offence. Depending on the state of your licence you will either get a short ban or they might let you off with 6 points if you can convince them of undue hardship to family from a ban (job loss, house repossessed etc etc). Hardship to you is irrelevant as it was you committing the offence.

rodenal said:
What speed did they say they caught u doing?

that's what they'll put through

Ur speedo is pretty innacurate at 100 tho, prob is more like 93-94

it was a camera on the gantry, the last one before the A3... speedo was saying 100mph

Doubt you'll even get anything through the post. If you do then it'll be a fixed penalty & 3 points

:icon_thumright: hopefully, cheers Andy..... someone:asskicking: me.........

Went past a speed camera on the A11 doing between 80-85 on speedo. Ticket said i was doing 84 when got it thru the post...

My mate got caught doing 112mph about 6 weeks ago and he still hasn't heard anything.

I've always wondered about the gantry cameras. OK, most don't appear to be live but what if you're doing 75 and just before you go underneath the gantry they lower the limit to 50. Are you likely to to be done or is there a 30 second (or whatever) delay before the camera starts snapping people for exceeding the lower limit?

They post the variable speed limit way before they change the camera threshold. Some of the M25 gantry camera's are only live when there is a variable speed limit in place.
As to speedo accuracy - all speedo's have to overread by law, 5-10%, so you say you were doing 80-85 which is suitably vague to start with, you were probably actually doing just under 90 on the speedo (as that's a particularly grey area on Audi speedo's), which given 5% overread = 84mph

AndyMac said:
Some of the M25 gantry camera's are only live when there is a variable speed limit in place.

thats what i thought hence the eractic speed last night..... i was proved wrong!.....:ohmy:

Andy, i think it was a double flash but i did have a car close behind me.....

Guys

Just to add to this, I was on the M42 this morning, where the variable speed limits are, and the opposite way all i could see was flasshing cameras, behind the signs....so jus a word of warning.....

How on earth was anyone able to speed on that section of the M42? It's always a car park when I'm on it. But I'd like to meet the salesman who sold them all those camera's though (there must be about 100 seperate camera's in the space of 10 miles) when they could of just used a dozen SPECs camera's - muppets!

it was quite clear earlier with 60 showing, but obviously the other side was going faster than that, it was like a strobe light going off!!!

I did 110 in my S3 on the M25 today trying to get to the end of the no hard shoulder zone so I could pull over for a slash, no such luck so ended up using an empty Coke bottle in the rush hour traffic with vans and coaches wondering what I was doing.

Everyone should do this at least once in their lives.

golf said:
I did 110 in my S3 on the M25 today trying to get to the end of the no hard shoulder zone so I could pull over for a slash, no such luck so ended up using an empty Coke bottle in the rush hour traffic with vans and coaches wondering what I was doing.

Everyone should do this at least once in their lives.

Funny if later on you had forget you had ****** in the can.:sadlike:

right two weeks on now and no letter, can i take it if one comes through after 14 days i can just bin it...lol... or does that only apply to the road speed checks and not gatso's ?

Dubplate said:
right two weeks on now and no letter, can i take it if one comes through after 14 days i can just bin it...lol... or does that only apply to the road speed checks and not gatso's ?

Dont think you should ever just bin it if you get it just pay up and do what they want it will only cause more grief if you dont..

Markey said:
Dont think you should ever just bin it if you get it just pay up and do what they want it will only cause more grief if you dont..

i was under the impression that by law they had to inform you of any possible action against you within 14 days of the offence?! but im not not sure if that applies to both the road side speed traps and also the gatso ?

As you are only under the impression i would suggest you seak propper advice before you just bin it.

Markey said:
As you are only under the impression i would suggest you seak propper advice before you just bin it.

:icon_thumright: will do, but not got anything through yet...touching wood, looking for two magpies, gonna go and buy some lucky heather, rubbing rabits foot, looking 4 leaf clover, turning the horse shoe the right way up....etc...lol.....

I have been told by a motor industry person, that although the camera's on the M25 are live, a conflict exists between the police and the camera operators and therefore people cannot get prosecuted.

Peronally I think that this has got to be ******, but the guy is quite well up the food chain and well informed so I suspend judgement on this... So:

Anyone ACTUALLY been done with these M25 V Speed cameras? Not just flashed, but got the three points?

Dub, If this is true, maybe you will get away with it. I was under teh impression that there was a time limit for the NIP, but advice is best. Google pepipoo, they are well up on camera and traffic law.

Good luck

HTH

rickquattro said:
I have been told by a motor industry person, that although the camera's on the M25 are live, a conflict exists between the police and the camera operators and therefore people cannot get prosecuted.

Peronally I think that this has got to be ******, but the guy is quite well up the food chain and well informed so I suspend judgement on this... So:

Anyone ACTUALLY been done with these M25 V Speed cameras? Not just flashed, but got the three points?

Dub, If this is true, maybe you will get away with it. I was under teh impression that there was a time limit for the NIP, but advice is best. Google pepipoo, they are well up on camera and traffic law.

Good luck

HTH

Cheers for the info fella :icon_thumright: i got nabbed by the variable limit cameras on the M25 when they were first introduced a number of years ago and since then i was under the impression they were only live when the variable limit was showing so i too would be interested if anyone else has been has been caught out and prosecuted....

LottieA3 said:
If you were doing 100mph then you were doing 23% more than you should have been doing (is that math right...ha ha...I don't know)/quote]

Sorry but the maths is miles out (if you'll pardon the pun). If you're doing 100mph in a 70mph limit, then you're exceeding the limit by 30mph. 30 as a proportion of 70 is 43%, so the OP was 43% over the speed limit.

I've no idea if he'll be done, I just wanted to sort the maths out.