N8 v A3 TDI S-Line

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Today was a rather COLD day, but very rewarding as it was me & my very good friend Luke detailed his rather lovely A3. He'd also been looking forward to detailing the car as we were putting on his new hoops! So the car started off looking a little neglected:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Now although these are the most popular rims for the A3.....

6.jpg

....they simply weren't cutting it for Luke. So the new hoops in question are a staggered set of 19" Speedline Split Rims. He's running 19" x 8.5 ET48 front with 215/35/19, and 19" x 9 ET41 rear with a 215/35/19, really this is absolutley perfect for the A3, giving the best sort of stance from his static drop on KW V2s.

7.jpg

First task then was, RS6s off & time to clean those arches, which will have taken a little battering over winter:

8.jpg

Arches were cleaned with Megs APC:

9.jpg

Then rinsed off, and dressed with Aerospace 303.this was repeated on all 4 corners and we ended up with this:

10.jpg

Luke had already taken the liberty of cleaning and sealing the wheels with 3 layers of AG SRP, and 3 coats of Rimwax, so they will see him through for the time being! This is how the 215 sits on the rear 9J wide rim:

11.jpg

As you can see from the pic, its not too much stretch....next the car was rinsed:

12.jpg

Then snow foamed

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

All of the shuts/grille and badge etc was agitated with APC also:

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Then rinsed off:

20.jpg

Then washed via the 2BM:

21.jpg

Rinsed again:

22.jpg

Car was then clayed via Sonus, I didn't expect it to be pretty as this was the first time it had been done:

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Car was that contaminated all over, then snow foamed again:

26.jpg

Then Luke rinsed off:

27.jpg

Tardis was then used:

28.jpg

Before its final wash:

30.jpg

Then rinsed:

31.jpg

Then dried with Last Touch & drying towel:

32.jpg

Tyres were dressed with my favourite black fire:

33.jpg

Jeffs was the culprit on the paintwork:

34.jpg

35.jpg

Exhausts were cleaned with Autosol

36.jpg

Interior needed a quick going over:

37.jpg

George came out to play:

38.jpg

Interior wiped down with APC:

39.jpg

Which left us with this:

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

There is lots more to come from Luke's car over the next few months, he's got some really good plans for it, and I personally cannot wait to see it evolve!

Thanks for looking

N8

Cheers Ash :wub: I'm sorting my unit next month, as the list is getting long now for UD, I'll give you a shout bro :wub:

No problem..Good to hear, yeah let me know. If you cant before after would be cool. Mine in need of some loving :laugh:

Hey N8, fab job done there on a cold day. Car looks ace with those alloys! Food for thought!!!!

Nice work N8! Luke the car looks great, rims look like mine will in a bit. Car's very nice pal.

Where's my mention? lol

I turned up just as they were finishing, car look spot on and the stance is perfect, nice job!

And was good meeting you two aswell :beerchug:

Good work N8, car looks ace

Cheers lad

Where's my mention? lol

I turned up just as they were finishing, car look spot on and the stance is perfect, nice job!

And was good meeting you two aswell :beerchug:

Lee came along as well to have a chat :laugh: nice meeting as well Lee, looking forward to when you get yours now bro :happy:

A3 looks good buddy!

Like the signage on the van, too! :) (see you at UD?)

Nath you are just :wub:

add me to the list although i dont htink it will be before UD.. doubt ill be going to that as im moving that week :(

just out of interest how much is it to detail a car?

good work n8 i wish i could get more customers i do a bit of detailing out of work but i need to spend a bit of time and money getting some avertising done

Top work Nate, As above how much is detailing session usually? A mate of mine clays and polishes it every couple of months but nothing that thorough