N75 question

Scullies

Reaction score
Is it harmfully to the engine to run with the N75 electrically disconnected?

My thoughts are to fit a switch into the power feed on the N75 harness to cut the power and act as a valet mode. Would this work?

Heard too many stories about valet drivers abusing cars here.
One of our local club members had a mk6 gti with k04 and the valet driver managed to write the car off as he pulled off. He smashed into the back of another car.

Disconnecting the N75 electrically is fine... I drove around for months like it... all the happens is you get an N75 open circuit fault code recorded... if you plan to switch the N75 (which I know Bill has done to the Lupo) then all you will get is this fault code pop up...

I use my switchable maps to get to an actuator pressure type setting...

Does depend where your actuator pressure is but on bigger turbos while 12psi can produce nearly 300hp the torque is a lot less so won't feel mega fast anyway

<tuffty/>

I have 5 switchable maps while driving and map 1 with the n75 set at 0%, the car is so tame and not eager at all, great around town and gives no fault code too.

How do you switch between maps? Are they activated like the APR system, something to do with the cruise control button, or is it a ecu reflash process.

I'm guessing each map is a custom tune?

This might be an option for the BT, when I get round to the rebuilding of the bottom end.