N75 & FPR

Drill

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK, I've been searching around a bit lately for info on the N75J and 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. What I've found has brought more questions to mind (and maybe even an idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Anyway, I've read that while the N75J (and H) changes the characteristics of the std wastegate (Mainly by holding/building more boost) it's been mentioned that this additional boost is not accounted for by the ECU and therefore, no additional fuel is supplied.

I've also read that running a 4 bar FPR in leu of the std 3 bar part can lead to an engine running rich.

SO, here's my question/idea. While running a std K03 ("Sport") on a remapped car, would the 4-bar FPR help to offset the potential problems of the N75J valve?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just trying to make some sense. I can really feel the extra pull that the N75J gives (While I have some hesitation issues to solve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) but as I put about 600 miles on my car each week, I don't want to run anything that could make my engine "go BOOM!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just put a J on my S3 in place of the N75c, wasn't too convinced at first. Took it out for a longer run, car seems smoother if anything, but with a bit more top end boost. Still not hit limp mode yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Andy,
If I hang on to the old N75, Do you fancy testing the two valves using Vagcom? Maybe AMD will do this Sat?
See you on route,
Chris.

If i can keep up Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif,Rich it takes 5 mins to swap,but original clips can be a t***t to remove and they can't be reused.I will bring the plots for valves with me on saturday and a spare j valve.Not long now boys and mines absolutely flying at the moment.Cheers Andy

Andy ,

do you know the part number of the J valve, trying to get a price for one from my dealer but wanted the part no first.

thanks

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
T3RBO said:
N75J - 034906283J

Still considering this myself but worried about going limp once chipped...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Me too. Does anyone have the AmD remap and the N75J?

Does it go limp? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If it does go into limp mode ill just remove it again, but i plan on doing a few runs and logging the boost via VAGCOM to see how the original and J valve compare.

I really just want it to hold more boost, but if it gives me a big initial boost spike, which is what ive read itll be coming straight back off.

Thanks

Mark

Does snyone have a picture of these valves and where abouts they are located in the engine bay? i take it these are different to the DV?

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
Does snyone have a picture of these valves and where abouts they are located in the engine bay? i take it these are different to the DV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right,

By the DV, there is a golf coloured thing with a plug on it and 3 pipes... 2 small ones, and then it goes into the intake hose...This is the N75

The FPR, is at the end of the fuel rail by the injectors and have a vacuum line on it

Rich