N75 duty cycle query

DrEvil

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing a range of logging on my 2.0T (BWE 197bhp - stock/unmapped) and one thing (of several!) that has caught my eye as maybe being running out of spec (whether it is a result of other issues or the component itself I don't know) is the N75.

In my logs a few months on a cold Jan night back I did a WOT throttle run, the N75 goes to 95% in a 3rd gear WOT at around 1500rpm and then drops back fairly quickly to around 60% at 2000rpm, 40% at 2500rpm, 37% at 3000rpm, before it starts rising slowly to around 45% at 5000rpm. 2nd gear run was similar.

Now the overall shape of the n75 is around what I expect (from what I have read) in that it peaks - drops back and then rises slightly. My car boosts ok on the actual vs request, i.e. lags a bit to start but then from around 3000rpm is close to request - difference actual vs request is 0-20mbar after 3000 rpm.

But, from what I've read I thought the n75 should peak at 95% and then drop back to 60% range - is that right?

I'm also peaking at around 1690mbar (idle read was 990) which around 10psi then drops back to 8-9psi. More recently I seem to be getting 1psi down on this. I think this is overall lower than it should be- is that right?

My feeling is that it the N75 is responding fine, and if it is giving a low reading, its because the ECU is telling it to do so.

Does anyone here have any data from a stock 2.0t that they could please share some info on so I can compare?

Cheers!