Mystery Oil Leak

NyB8

Reaction score
Car is a 2.0 Tdi CAGA Engine code

SInce last weekend I have had a really bad oil leak, the oil seems coming from the bottom end of the engine, the top end is bone dry. There doesn't seem to be any leaking from the sump.

The issue occurs once the car is up to temperature and the oil pressure has built up. So far this is this the list of things tha have been done:
-Oil Pressure switch - Changed
-Oil Cooler - Changed
-Oil FIlter Housing Seal - Gasket checked and resealed.

There is not much left to change in that region, however i'm not aware if there are any other pipes that are present which are out of site, I am also toying with the idea of changing the Oil filter housing. Tomorrow I plan to put a camera in and around the problem area, to see if the souce of the leak can be identified.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Clean up with brake cleaner, run it up to temp & get it up on a ramp or stands & start tracing with a torch, should be able to get a rough location.

Clean up with brake cleaner, run it up to temp & get it up on a ramp or stands & start tracing with a torch, should be able to get a rough location.
Going to clean it up later and run it again, thankfully I have acess to an inspection pit, so I can get underneath. When I looked last night the dripping was at the rear of the sump just above the oil filter housing. Hopefully when I get a camera down there later it might reveal something (fingers crossed).