Mystery Box

Sam1987

Reaction score
I was replacing my cabin filter and upon removing the soft cover beneath it, this box fell down.

Not sure what it is, thought perhaps tracking, but it seems to run cabling (which is very tight) behind the RNSE and display, but I cannot see where it connects too or what it is doing.

I would like to, either fix it properly if it is required, or remove it, but to do so, I need to know what it is.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• DSC_0107.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0108.JPG
    DSC_0108.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 190
Google seems to be pointing at it being a back up battery for a tracker

Reactions: S3Alex
Any ideas on how best to disconnect it, or remove it. I cant see where the tracker would be mounted (which of course is the idea ;) ) but I don't really want to unnecessarily keep it there, and have it rattling around behind my glove box!

Any ideas on where I might find it? Ive had the car for 2 years, and didn't even know it had a tracker, with the cost of licensing on the usual units, or transfer etc. too, I cant imagine I would want to keep it, so im happy removing it....if I can access it!

I would have thought the best way would be to follow the cable from that battery, I can't imagine that the lead will be that long, so not too far I suspect. You might have to remove the radio as behind that might be where the tracker has been put. Also if that is just the back up battery then I would be looking to see if the feed comes from the fuse box or is it tapped into something else that could be a future drain problem.
Looking at all of your mods I would have thought finding this would be a walk in the park for you! :friendly wink: