myaudi tracking and locking

Spiedhermonkey

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been trying to figure this out & have finally given up. I'm no tech guru, but I'm not exactly a caveman either.

The tracker on myaudi app seems to tell me where me and my phone are, rather than where my car is. Also, I cannot for the lice of me see anywhere you can check your cards locked and/or lock it from the app.

I've pre-programmed destinations which is pretty cool, but the other features have me beat.

Any similar or different experiences? Is it because it's a Beta version & the other features will be added in a later update?

Cheers.

I think it’s more used for when you’ve parked and wanting to find it again?
Unless it can be used when a data sim is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey
Yeah, I think that definitely is the main purpose for it. However I don't see why your phone would have to be within a car parks distance from the car to show you its location - can't get my head around that. Data sim is installed & active. myaudi app has also been paired with the car.

I'm gonna watch this, I was literally just looking for payg sims to pop in the car with the cheapest data tarrif. i'm also curious if i can get it to connect to wifi when car is in range of house. What size sim did you get spied, are they full size sim slots ?

Yep. Full size SIM Cards. Best deal I found was 24GB data only SIM from Three. It lasts 24 months & if you run out before the end date, you can top up.

Reactions: Stokka
Just been out & checked. If I'm understanding this correctly, I've used 1.6GB data since loading the SIM on 2nd June. I'm not a heavy user either, although I did download the UK Map update over the air.
IMAG0850 1

nice addition the metering
p.s the uk map is .97GB as it sits on my desktop
p.p.s there is no link bud, but i did find i think the right one, it was £60 for 24GB, that the one ?

No, I paid £45. Check Amazon & search "24GB 24 month data only SIM Three". The image in my last post is a link, or I can see it anyway, not sure why you can't.

It should be the top search result at £44.95 (lucky git, you save 5p lol). It's Amazon Recommend Purchase & says "Internet with legs" in the picture.

OK, so I've probably only used 0.6GB in 20 odd days, which would mean I'm on course for the 24GB to last the 2 years.

great thanks, i will do as you command :D
just a thought, have you used google maps overlay ? maybe that's your other used data. pop a quick overlay on and turn it off, see how much your data meter changes

:tearsofjoy: Hahaha. It's not often I get the chance to help people on these forums, as I'm not mechanically gifted, so when I do get the chance to help with something, I make the most of it, lol.

Yeah, I've used Google Earth overlay a few times, but not exactly heavily. If I can keep it to under a GB per month, I'll be happy.

I looked for an option when out at the car a while ago & couldn't see an option to connect the car to the home Wi-Fi. Admittedly I'm still a newbie to the whole thing, having recently bought the car.

You cannot lock & unlock the car via the app as it's not available on the C7 model. From what I remember about location service, you have to link the phone to the cars wifi, so every time it disconnects it records where you left the car.

You also cannot connect the car to a wifi network.

I use an o2 PAYG 12month 12GB sim and have never used all 12GB, however I'm only clocking up around 7K miles a year. How much you use is depended on how many miles you do with google maps enabled and if you connect any device to the cars internal wifi.

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and Stokka
Cheers B5NUT. Disappointed the lock/unlock thing isn't available on the C7, BUT I'll get the alarm chirp enabled, which should help.

Makes sense about logging the last connected location. Thanks for explaining, as it was really annoying not knowing why it was showing where the car was.

@Spiedhermonkey would you believe this! , my son's phone provider got intouch with him coz he wasn't using all his data ( i didn't know this) and offered him a cheaper package for phone but incase he needed more data they sent him a mifi dongle thing, with 6GB a month on it and it came today (which is when i found out about it) so . . . guess where the sim is going ! :racer::icon thumright:

Haha, you want to get straight down & put the lotto on don't you, coz that's a stroke of luck right there.

6GB a month too - bonus!