myAudi special destinations (POI)

any ideas if this is sorted yet as I cant see how to transfer to an SD card - for some reason all of the ones I previously had have disappeared from the MMI
yes mine disappeared if you really need them , and if they were through the online method, you can do an online update and get them back, but this overwrites the Mcacddy ones., I had all Euro cameras and updated via USB, I lost Euro ones, but had upto date UK ones, just been to Europe so just updated using online in MMi, all ok even though a bit older, now I am back home I will update McAdddy USB and overwrite again.

Its a shame the McAddy app doesn't have an option for UK + Europe, etc

Hi - new to this forum and have a 17 plate Audi s3 with VC. The myaudi site is still in migration it seems with Audi CS still saying no date when Audi Connect services will be up and running. Certainly when I go to myaudi.com this is still the case - anyone else? Anyways, I have tried this Mcaddy app thing (I only have basic understanding) and downloaded the file via Pocketworld (I have paidmy yearly membership of £20) but I've no idea what do with it when it's downloaded (I have a Mac Air) I tried unzipping / decompressed and now have a load of folders and files and have no idea what to do next to get it onto an SD card. What I means is do I copy the entire download to an empty SD card and plug into MMI under software update? as when I have been doing this it doesn't even recognise i have put the SD card in (says unavailable) I guess I could just wait until myaudi is up and running but if there is another way I'd like to at least try?

No need to do any of that with McAddy app,

Format USB in fat32 (use a small usb less than 4Gb)
Run McAddy App (SpeedCameraToPoi.exe)
Enter user name and passw0rd for PocketGPSWorld
make sure that USB is selected on correct drive letter,
select if you want verified cameras, etc
await it to do its thing
eject the usb, stick in your car and follow instructions on first page of posts to upload via USB

yes mine disappeared if you really need them , and if they were through the online method, you can do an online update and get them back, but this overwrites the Mcacddy ones., I had all Euro cameras and updated via USB, I lost Euro ones, but had upto date UK ones, just been to Europe so just updated using online in MMi, all ok even though a bit older, now I am back home I will update McAdddy USB and overwrite again.

Its a shame the McAddy app doesn't have an option for UK + Europe, etc

As far as I can see, there is down side to using this system unless I misunderstand what is going on with the Audi PO's and what you guys are doing. With some certain Satellite Navigation systems that people use with PocketGPSworld, if you just overwrite, you are adding to the data, and NOT removing the old redundant ones or ones that have been moved in the case of the average speed cameras. What is really needed, is to be able to completely remove all the old data (file) (fixed, mobile, average, etc) and install a completely new one with moved or deleted cameras. Some systems do this and others do not.

As far as I can see, there is down side to using this system unless I misunderstand what is going on with the Audi PO's and what you guys are doing. With some certain Satellite Navigation systems that people use with PocketGPSworld, if you just overwrite, you are adding to the data, and NOT removing the old redundant ones or ones that have been moved in the case of the average speed cameras. What is really needed, is to be able to completely remove all the old data (file) (fixed, mobile, average, etc) and install a completely new one with moved or deleted cameras. Some systems do this and others do not.

For clarity, the McAddy app, overwrites the myaudi POI's and looking at the metadata, it would suggest that it does delete the directory and rewrites the whole data, deleting any redundant POIs and not appending.

DisplayName = "Database Information"
DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true"
UpdateOnlyExisting = "false"
FileSize = "1352"

Last edited:
If you read my above post and others, the McAddy app, overwrites the myaudi POI's and looking at the metadata, it would suggest that it does delete the directory and rewrites the whole data, deleting any redundant POIs and not appending.

DisplayName = "Database Information"
DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true"
UpdateOnlyExisting = "false"
FileSize = "1352"

Good. Thanks. You have answered the question then haven't you. I still cannot believe that people who are not IT savy wish to go through this Palava though.

Good. Thanks. You have answered the question then haven't you. I still cannot believe that people who are not IT savy wish to go through this Palava though.

Sorry. Pete, I have just re-read my post and it might have come across wrong, if it did then I apologise , I was trying to help, I have been following this thread since the beginning and was trying to give a clear picture so that others did not have to trawl through all the pages.

Yes it is a pain the first time, but after a few goes it makes sense. The biggest issues are just make sure that the McAddy app can transverse your firewall and you are using the latest version 9.1

It really is a good app, it is open source and not being charged for.

Last edited:
No need to do any of that with McAddy app,

Format USB in fat32 (use a small usb less than 4Gb)
Run McAddy App (SpeedCameraToPoi.exe)
Enter user name and passw0rd for PocketGPSWorld
make sure that USB is selected on correct drive letter,
select if you want verified cameras, etc
await it to do its thing
eject the usb, stick in your car and follow instructions on first page of posts to upload via USB

Thanks for this sentinal13. However there seems to be an issue with newer builds that this approach now gives a 'the data is outdated or not compatible' message.

Thanks for this sentinal13. However there seems to be an issue with newer builds that this approach now gives a 'the data is outdated or not compatible' message.
What files are on your USB stick ? Did you format the stick as I know that MMI adds an XML file which could be the problem, My S3 is 17 plate so should have the latest software and I do not have any issues,

Can you plug in the USB stick into your computer and list the files in the root directory or do a screen grab ?

Last edited:
No much help for POI but using the myaudi app to transfer destinations to the car seems to work easily enough..

Was rather bored at times today :)

Still prefer MMI Connect. Can anyone confirm if MyAudi supports internet radio on the A4, or would you need to still use MMI Connect or TuneIn radio via the smartphone interface?

Can you input new destinations in MMI connect?

For the 'other stuff' I prefer it to myaudi app.

Would be nice if the functionality returned to the desktop site..

Can folks still send custom POIs (eg speed camera locations) through my.audi.com to their A4 B9? I don't have this option anymore for my A6 C8, but I remember I was able to when I had an A4 B9 back in 2018.
Cheers

That functionality was lost when the website was 'refreshed' a year or so ago

Reactions: psychopomp1
That functionality was lost when the website was 'refreshed' a year or so ago
Urgghhh, what a bummer :( So I guess there's no way to add stuff like speed camera locations onto the mapping?
Cheers

You may be able to import them via a USB stick/SD card but it is not something I have ever tried to do.

@Ivor bigun - alerting can be done via Nav.

Navigation settings - Arrival Notification - myAudi special destinations

Then tick the ones you want alerting. You get a noise when you are approaching one and a pop up on the screen - you don’t have to be in Nav for the alert.
Sorry to drag up an old post but can someone possibly explain how to access the arrival notification on this MMI version (I think it's an A4). The cameras have been installed OK but the guy can't find the alert settings.

A4 mmi

The link to a thread provided by Fozzie1960 above includes a post by SimonAudi with a link to this video. Watch from around 21:00 and it shows the steps needed to set arrival notification.

I have used this method on A3 2014, A4 2016, A3 2018 all with connect.

The link to a thread provided by Fozzie1960 above includes a post by SimonAudi with a link to this video. Watch from around 21:00 and it shows the steps needed to set arrival notification.

I have used this method on A3 2014, A4 2016, A3 2018 all with connect.

Thanks, this is the nav settings screen - there is no arrival notification option?
Nav settings

I guess you'd need to check the manual for that MMI system and see if "Arrivals Notification" is mentioned.