1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

myAudi special destinations (POI)

exca Sep 1, 2016

1. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

yes mine disappeared if you really need them , and if they were through the online method, you can do an online update and get them back, but this overwrites the Mcacddy ones., I had all Euro cameras and updated via USB, I lost Euro ones, but had upto date UK ones, just been to Europe so just updated using online in MMi, all ok even though a bit older, now I am back home I will update McAdddy USB and overwrite again.

Its a shame the McAddy app doesn't have an option for UK + Europe, etc

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

No need to do any of that with McAddy app,

Format USB in fat32 (use a small usb less than 4Gb)
    Run McAddy App (SpeedCameraToPoi.exe)
    Enter user name and passw0rd for PocketGPSWorld
    make sure that USB is selected on correct drive letter,
    select if you want verified cameras, etc
    await it to do its thing
    eject the usb, stick in your car and follow instructions on first page of posts to upload via USB

4. Peter123

Peter123 Active Member

As far as I can see, there is down side to using this system unless I misunderstand what is going on with the Audi PO's and what you guys are doing. With some certain Satellite Navigation systems that people use with PocketGPSworld, if you just overwrite, you are adding to the data, and NOT removing the old redundant ones or ones that have been moved in the case of the average speed cameras. What is really needed, is to be able to completely remove all the old data (file) (fixed, mobile, average, etc) and install a completely new one with moved or deleted cameras. Some systems do this and others do not.

5. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

For clarity, the McAddy app, overwrites the myaudi POI's and looking at the metadata, it would suggest that it does delete the directory and rewrites the whole data, deleting any redundant POIs and not appending.

DisplayName = "Database Information"
    DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true"
    UpdateOnlyExisting = "false"
    FileSize = "1352"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  6. Peter123

Peter123 Active Member

Good. Thanks. You have answered the question then haven't you. I still cannot believe that people who are not IT savy wish to go through this Palava though.

7. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

Sorry. Pete, I have just re-read my post and it might have come across wrong, if it did then I apologise , I was trying to help, I have been following this thread since the beginning and was trying to give a clear picture so that others did not have to trawl through all the pages.

Yes it is a pain the first time, but after a few goes it makes sense. The biggest issues are just make sure that the McAddy app can transverse your firewall and you are using the latest version 9.1

It really is a good app, it is open source and not being charged for.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  8. pjeffe9172

pjeffe9172 Active Member

Thanks for this sentinal13. However there seems to be an issue with newer builds that this approach now gives a 'the data is outdated or not compatible' message.

9. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

What files are on your USB stick ? Did you format the stick as I know that MMI adds an XML file which could be the problem, My S3 is 17 plate so should have the latest software and I do not have any issues,

Can you plug in the USB stick into your computer and list the files in the root directory or do a screen grab ?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  10. sentinal13

sentinal13 Member

11. L_G

L_G Active Member

No much help for POI but using the myaudi app to transfer destinations to the car seems to work easily enough..

Was rather bored at times today :)

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Peter123

Peter123 Active Member

Agreed! Most people already use it for this function.

14. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member

Still prefer MMI Connect. Can anyone confirm if MyAudi supports internet radio on the A4, or would you need to still use MMI Connect or TuneIn radio via the smartphone interface?

15. L_G

L_G Active Member

Can you input new destinations in MMI connect?

For the 'other stuff' I prefer it to myaudi app.

Would be nice if the functionality returned to the desktop site..

16. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

Can folks still send custom POIs (eg speed camera locations) through my.audi.com to their A4 B9? I don't have this option anymore for my A6 C8, but I remember I was able to when I had an A4 B9 back in 2018.
    Cheers

17. L_G

L_G Active Member

That functionality was lost when the website was 'refreshed' a year or so ago

psychopomp1 likes this.
  18. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

Urgghhh, what a bummer :( So I guess there's no way to add stuff like speed camera locations onto the mapping?
    Cheers

19. L_G

L_G Active Member

You may be able to import them via a USB stick/SD card but it is not something I have ever tried to do.

20. Fozzie1960

Fozzie1960 Active Member