myAudi Map Updates down AGAIN

Datastorm

Reaction score
I assume it's not just me having this issue, and we have an outage on the service?

So much for upgrading my UK map to the 2016 version this weekend :disappointed:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 18.29.44.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 18.29.44.png
    50 KB · Views: 208
Can you definetly use others' downloads in your car then? Makes me wonder if you can use that to continue getting updates after your own updates end.

Reactions: Simon L
Can you definetly use others' downloads in your car then? Makes me wonder if you can use that to continue getting updates after your own updates end.

No idea to be honest mate?

A couple of members have already downloaded mine and they seem to be working :)

Reactions: cemerson and Rob2k68
Ah looks like they fixed mine after reporting it!

Audi

Reactions: Rob2k68
It gives me some weird file, anyone know what I do with that?

downloader-6106422899.jnlp

nevermind, figured it out, I needed to install Java

Last edited:
It gives me some weird file, anyone know what I do with that?

downloader-6106422899.jnlp

nevermind, figured it out, I needed to install Java

Yes, run the file with your Java install, it then download an 'Audi Download' tool.

Just updated mine to 2016 UK maps, took less than 10mins with a Class 4 SD card. ;)

Am I right in saying we get 2 updates a year from Audi, or are these yearly maps?

It says unlimited, unless i'm reading it wrong?
I meant Audi release 2 updates a year? ;) Could be wrong, maybe Audi release just one a year?

Also, I think we are only entitled to 5 updates (not sure how that is enforced though)

Last edited:
I meant Audi release 2 updates a year? ;) Could be wrong, maybe Audi release just one a year?

Also, I think we are only entitled to 5 updates (not sure how that is enforced though)

Every 6 months as far as I know mate :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Datastorm
Assume these maps are for those with Audi Connect only and not standard SD Nav?

Nice to see Audi moving with the times. I always thought the cost of map updates with Nav systems was fairly extortionate given how much you generally have to pay for them . When the Tom Tom I bought at Xmas cost just over £60 and has full European maps with updates for life.

Think it's 5 yes whether you use them or not so effectively 2 1/2 years of updates after purchase as I understand it although my car came with out of date maps on so guess I may have used one as soon as I collected it.

Reactions: pburv