myAudi Issues

jrumball

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the myAudi web portal at the moment. I have just gone to update my speed cameras and can't find the send POI to car functionality, or actually the download to SD card so I can modify the view distances .... Also it seems that the send destination to car from the portal has also disappeared....

I have also had problems with the myAudi iOS app for months with sending destinations to the car and setting climate control remotely ...

My Audi has been in a continuous updating phase for ages and features keep disappearing and coming back., The myaudi app is only usefull for sending destinations to your car in my opinion, but then i dont have an E-Tron and i know you guys have more features. I only really have it installed so I can send destinations via Google maps. On the google maps app, click "share" after you find the destination. If you click "Directions" or ""Start" then you have gone a stage too far. You might have to scroll "right" to see the "share" link as sometimes my iPhone doesn't show it on the same screen. Click Share and the MyAudi app comes up. Click it and it should send it to your car directly.

Thanks I use the share destination feature from the app Daily you can do it directly from google maps too by choosing share and then on a Mac/pc linking the car and maps and on the phone it will give you the choose to share to the red myAudi app if you have added it as a choice .

I am more concerned that I can’t update my custom POI which is what I use to add speed camera locations ....

Even more so that both the APP and website have been updated and lost features I am stunned that a major car manufacturer has been so incompetent in updating its software and connected features . Car manufacturers are so behind the tech world in this respect ! How can you release an update that removes features and hasn’t been tested !

To add insult to injury I can now see different picture of my car... They spent time to make sure I could see my car from every angel really this is crazy considering the basic functionality doesn’t work ! Even more annoying it shows me pictures of a LHD car not RHD . I wish they would just make the services the car was sold with work instead !

Not ranting just fed up with being told we are fixing stuff by support to only have it and somthing else still broken 6months latter .

This does not bode well as I intend to keep the car for a long time !

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormesome
Thanks I use the share destination feature from the app Daily you can do it directly from google maps too by choosing share and then on a Mac/pc linking the car and maps and on the phone it will give you the choose to share to the red myAudi app if you have added it as a choice .

I am more concerned that I can’t update my custom POI which is what I use to add speed camera locations ....

Even more so that both the APP and website have been updated and lost features I am stunned that a major car manufacturer has been so incompetent in updating its software and connected features . Car manufacturers are so behind the tech world in this respect ! How can you release an update that removes features and hasn’t been tested !

To add insult to injury I can now see different picture of my car... They spent time to make sure I could see my car from every angel rally this is crazy considering the basic functionality doesn’t work ! Even more annoying it shows me pictures of a LHD car not RHD . wish they would just make the services the car was sold with work instead !

Not ranting just fed up with being told we are fixing stuff by support to only have it and somthing else still broken 6months latter .

This does not bode well as I intend to keep the car for a long time !

Yeah its all a bit rubbish isnt it. I think everyone on this site shares your opinions mate. On the POI part, i have not ever seen this option or used it. I have had to import my own POIs via SD card after i download them from the website i use. I knew it was an option on the website but not ever actually seen the option or got it working.

When I used to update the speed cameras through the website you would upload the POI from pocketGPSworld to the website add a pic and it would compile them into a form that the car would understand, you would then download them and put them on an SD card and them modify an xml file to change the view distance in the MMI and VC and then stickk the Scar in the car .

If you sent direct to the vehicle you could not modify the view distance....

It seems there is a windows app by Mcaddy that will do it all with a pocketGPSworld subscription, compile and change the view distance !

I have at the moment a complaint lodged with Audi over all of this. As far as I'm concerned I was sold a car on these features and I bought a car with a set of features which it now has lost ! I had a Hyundai Ioniq for a month before the e-tron and returned it because of these type of faults and bought the e-tron on the fact it was an Audi and wouldn't suffer from this rubbish.

I understand your concerns. I think people have similar complaints on the thread on the 1st page of this forum that has been made a permanent feature. For me, the Mcaddy etc.... procedure for POI's seemed a bit of a faf, I use the POI Base website. You select what you want, download to your SD Card and then update it as normal in the car. Super easy and always works. Each to their own of course, the POI Base is more expensive than others but at least it works every time, all the time!

https://www.poibase.com/en/compatible-systems/audi/

I understand your concerns. I think people have similar complaints on the thread on the 1st page of this forum that has been made a permanent feature. For me, the Mcaddy etc.... procedure for POI's seemed a bit of a faf, I use the POI Base website. You select what you want, download to your SD Card and then update it as normal in the car. Super easy and always works. Each to their own of course, the POI Base is more expensive than others but at least it works every time, all the time!

https://www.poibase.com/en/compatible-systems/audi/

Does this change the view distance too ?

The point at which the POI icons disappear on the map you can change the distance so when the map is zoomed out you can still see the cameras, good for when it zooms out on the motorway ...

The point at which the POI icons disappear on the map you can change the distance so when the map is zoomed out you can still see the cameras, good for when it zooms out on the motorway ...

I have my map set to not auto zoom out, mine is always set at 75m or 30m when in town. My icons are always there. i do not know if they disappear when i zoom out further than 75m but i can try this later for you. i would have thought this has nothing to do with the POI though and it being an MMI setting no?

Can't remember the exact distance but know I had to change it to be able to see the icons zoomed out with the myAudi method....

in the categories.pc file (open with textedit) edit the max zoom level for each POI category I wonder what the POIbase has it set at ? I edited mine to 50 Mcaddy is 48

<zoomlevel max="50" min="0"/>

or also if POIbase edits any other settings , do you have to manually set arrival notification for each category ? I remember that I couldn't have to many set to notify so had to group together all the different speeds ...

Can't remember the exact distance but know I had to change it to be able to see the icons zoomed out with the myAudi method....

in the categories.pc file (open with textedit) edit the max zoom level for each POI category I wonder what the POIbase has it set at ? I edited mine to 50 Mcaddy is 48

<zoomlevel max="50" min="0"/>

or also if POIbase edits any other settings , do you have to manually set arrival notification for each category ? I remember that I couldn't have to many set to notify so had to group together all the different speeds ...

Arrival notification is set via the MMI. I think we are only allowed 10 categories which for me is not enough. i would love to use VCDS or something to allow all because i have loads on there and alot are not able to give me a warning,althought they do appear on the map.

I have not encountered the zoom distance mod you mention but i when i am in my car i will check at what point they disappear and let you know.

With POI base there is an option to have all EU cameras for example and then all EU mobile cameras. THat counts as 2 categories for the arrival notification. This helps alot. take a look at it. you can check it all out before you pay and download.

Answered my own question

In the POIbase setting you can change view distances and notifications if you have an A4 I wonder what flag it changes for the notifications....
Screenshot 2019 02 05 at 104823

Reactions: Ormesome
I think there is a Warnable flag but maybe this is not recognised by the A3 MMI

warnable="true" after each category in the categories.pc file

It will be a deliberate software limitation just like the zoom distance because of the limited resources of the system

FYI. Audi UK don't give a toss. Have no idea when anything will be fixed or anything.

As someone who is a software/hardware tester as a job I told them that they are a joke... They didn't respond to me that time lol

Reactions: loftylad and jrumball
FYI. Audi UK don't give a toss. Have no idea when anything will be fixed or anything.

As someone who is a software/hardware tester as a job I told them that they are a joke... They didn't respond to me that time lol

I have worked around that world for years with cutting edge kit and have never seen so many bogged releases and bugs ......