MyAudi equipment list wrong?

Spiedhermonkey

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have the MyAudi app downloaded and my car’s details logged on it. Under ‘Optional Equipment’ then ‘Communication’, it says “Audi Connect and Audi Phonebox with wireless charging”. However the matt inside the armrest has no QI symbol and my phone doesn’t seem to charge when rested on it.

Gutted, as I selected this phone specifically because it had wireless charging for the car. Seems like the app must be talking nonsense, unless I’m missing something?

Mine was the same, but I only have phone book. As far as I have read you still a cover for the phone to go into even if have a wireless charging phone and that's an Audi part....so not cheap

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey
Yeah, I think I’ve seen that online, but was hoping that I wouldn’t need it as the app told me wireless charging was specced on my car.

Guess it gives me a workaround, cheers Stokka.

I’m wondering if somebody could have taken the QI wireless charging matt out of my car before I bought it and swapped it for a standard one.

Is there QI technology in the matt itself and if so, is this a part you can buy and retrofit? Or is it just that the equipment list on the MyAudi app is wrong?

How old is your car? my 16 plate a6 did not have it but my later 66 plate does have it. I believe the IQ charging plate was part of the MY17 changes.

Mine is a 16 plate (June 16), so that fits with your theory. Do you think the plate can be added to enable wireless charging?

The app definitely states “Audi Connect and Audi Phonebox with wireless charging” under options list.

It's just an error in the web site.

All retrofits are possible, but I'm not sure if this requires an MMI update for it to work as there is software in my MMI menu about charging, and I get notification when the phone is charging. However it may just need power for it to work..

Thanks B5NUT. Would it just be a case of intense google searches to find out what it involves?

To be honest, it’s not a feature that I’d spend hundreds to get, so I think I’ll leave it there.

That’s a big help, thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer, google search to see if it has been done before (on any current model Audi), as the MMI system is basic the same between the models (except the new A7 & A8)