MyAudi Destinations from App to MMI

Gary_LB

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

So just over 3 weeks into ownership and it’s time for my first question..

I understand that I can load a destination on the app and send this to the car MMI however when I send this destination to the MMI I am unable to find it when I get into the car so have to enter details into the nav again

When I send a destination from the app to the car where should it appear in the MMI? I have checked in both the Nav and Audi connet menus but cannot seem to find it

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
Gary

Copied and pasted from the manual:

Select: I NAV/MAPI button> left control button
mend that in these cases you download the > Special destinations > myAudi special desti
data on your computer from your myAudi nations.
account, save them on an SD card and then If you have already imported my Audi special
import them to your MMI system. Further destinations, select the right control button >
information can be found on the Internet at Import myAudi special destinations .
my.audi.com. Log in with your myAudi user data/myAudi PIN
Selecting myAudi special destinations to
myAudi special
import
destinations
-Select all the myAudi special destinations deIntroduction sired from the list(�).
Applies to: vehicles with navigation system -Select and confirm Start download.

Reactions: Gary_LB
Thanks however this appears to refer to downloading from a PC to an SD card before transferring to the car MMI which seems more of a faff than entering directly into the nav.

I thought there was a way to send directly from the phone app to the car..

There is on page 266 of your manual:
You must have a myAudi account and have stored myAudi special destinations. You must have already sent myAudi special destinations from myAudi to your vehicle. ... Select: I NAV/MAPI button> left control button > Special destinations > myAudi special destinations. ... If you have already imported my Audi special destinations, select the right control button > Import myAudi special destinations . ... Log in with your myAudi user data/myAudi PIN if necessary. The update sources available will be listed on the infotainment display . ... Select and confirm Online update. Selecting myAudi special destinations to import -Select all the myAudi special destinations desired from the list(�). -Select and confirm Start download. Starting download The size of the my Audi special destinations selected is shown on the infotainment display. - Confirm the download again by selecting Start download. The myAudi special destinations will be downloaded, and the download status will be shown on the infotainment display. -To finish importing the new myAudi special destinations, confirm the update by selecting OK.

What a faff. I tried this last week, got to the car, nada.

These apps should be seamless, enter into the app (or pull from Google) job done. The Android Auto apps although not faultless are infinitely better, I can see Audi dumping their half baked solutions soon.

Peter

It is what it is, works for me, sometimes I get server not found but usually ok the second attempt.

Thanks. Yes I saw the above but seems a rather long winded process for what is a simple task!

My question was simply if I can I send an address from the phone app to the car. The answer appears to be no

Last edited:
I’ve used the app to send destinations from the app to the car a number of times without issue.

You do have to wait for the MMI to fully initialise IIRC before the option can be clicked on

Last edited:
Under my Audi contacts

39833749344c8c75c1da3c8214082b96.jpg

I’ve used the app to send destinations from the app to the car a number of times without issue.

You do have to wait for the MMI to fully initialise IIRC before the option can be clicked on

Ok thanks for that maybe I need to give the MMI more time to initialise in that case. Will give this a go later

Reactions: Inked
I'm a real fan of Audi Connect "Send Destination to Car". It worked well and was much faster than voice, scribe or dial when you get used to the process WHEN it worked. Right now it is officially broken with no known rectification date.

Well it sort of works in that if you have the old app (grey) any thing you send from google can be viewed in the old apps "myAudi dest" box ...... so the data is getting though to some system or other just not to my car.

MYAudi Connect Send Destination Current state of play:

Deleated “old grey” Audi Iphone App.

Opened “new red” Audi Iphone app (which shows my user agreement number)

Deleated my car and re added my car to my account

Recived a new pin to be entered in to car

MMI online via 3G sim and after requesting destination download (Blue – white) , challanged with ENTER PIN (green)

Entered new pin in car with MMI online via 3G sim (green)

Car responded (online) PIN correct (spinning wheel graphic (green))

Back to Blue and white screen and “The data connection could not be opened The server is not responding. = No destination download.

Desktop MyAudi web (setup-service) where the PIN is provided has a done checkbox and next button which when entered promotes “Audi connect not yet set up” and the even more helppful “Audi connect services can only be used after successful setup”

There is no logical rout from here other than the back button wich allows you to do the whole thing over again with the same route.

I can only conclude the server is misconfigured or my account has expired. Strangly I am reciving the other services Traffic, Weather, News and Car parks.

If Connect is to become a paid for service nobody I have managed to get to in three Audi dealerships or indeed Audi customer services, knows how much and how to charge for them, that is assuming I had a trial period which has expired (without notice or request for subscription) and just happens to coinside with Audi’s systems makeover. Whatever is going on its rather shambolic.

Wil have one more go at getting Reading Audi’s MMI Master Tec to respond the Im going to Audi Milton Keynes ! (Probably using Tom Tom)

MyAudi app isn't functioning as it should and has been that way since they went over to the new portal...

The new myAudi app functions correctly for me. If you have a problem with it, perhaps you need to delete it and reinstall it. I use it every day after being set up on the new server with new email address at:
https://my.audi.com/

I am a beta tester and have had to delete it and reinstall it twice. Now working perfectly.

MYAudi Connect Send Destination Current state of play:

Deleated “old grey” Audi Iphone App.

Opened “new red” Audi Iphone app (which shows my user agreement number)

Deleated my car and re added my car to my account

Recived a new pin to be entered in to car

MMI online via 3G sim and after requesting destination download (Blue – white) , challanged with ENTER PIN (green)

Entered new pin in car with MMI online via 3G sim (green)

Car responded (online) PIN correct (spinning wheel graphic (green))

Back to Blue and white screen and “The data connection could not be opened The server is not responding. = No destination download.

Desktop MyAudi web (setup-service) where the PIN is provided has a done checkbox and next button which when entered promotes “Audi connect not yet set up” and the even more helppful “Audi connect services can only be used after successful setup”

There is no logical rout from here other than the back button wich allows you to do the whole thing over again with the same route.

I can only conclude the server is misconfigured or my account has expired. Strangly I am reciving the other services Traffic, Weather, News and Car parks.

If Connect is to become a paid for service nobody I have managed to get to in three Audi dealerships or indeed Audi customer services, knows how much and how to charge for them, that is assuming I had a trial period which has expired (without notice or request for subscription) and just happens to coinside with Audi’s systems makeover. Whatever is going on its rather shambolic.

Wil have one more go at getting Reading Audi’s MMI Master Tec to respond the Im going to Audi Milton Keynes ! (Probably using Tom Tom)

Please read the reply on the other forum where I have sent you a pm.

Last edited:
The new myAudi app functions correctly for me. If you have a problem with it, perhaps you need to delete it and reinstall it. I use it every day after being set up on the new server with new email address at:

I am a beta tester and have had to delete it and reinstall it twice. Now working perfectly.
First thing I tried, no change unfortunately. I contacted Audi de about this and they stated they were aware of the issues but had no timeline of any fixes...

when you say works Can you change or add Audi Special destinations or send my audi contacts there doesn't seem to be a function on the new portal to do this
I sent my weeks calls to the MMI on the old portal every week the new portal now does not have his feature Same with the Speed cameras this updated evry week now I cant send pois to the MMI have you a sceen shot of the page you are using please
at last I can change the news feed I have M6o traffic news for 2 months it is now possible to change the news feeds at will but wether they turn up on the MMI I don't know as it refuses to connect to the server again now

Last edited:
First thing I tried, no change unfortunately. I contacted Audi de about this and they stated they were aware of the issues but had no timeline of any fixes...
I spoke to customer services they say it will all work again very soon but they tell me that every month My MMI has the correct vin and the wrong reg number it comes back as a car I owned 3 years ago they corrected it on the dealer web site and the service site but cant seem to fix the issue on the MMI or MY AUdi sites the Audi uk shows one the wrong model of car says its a Blues S1 and the My audi shows another neither is correct lol

Never used this before, but sent an adresss from the app, in the car i logged into my Audi connect account and selected my iPhone, I could then see the addresses I’d sent, hope I don’t have to log on every time as that would be a right faf.

Having changed my email address recently, I had to go through the pain of re-registering all the MyAudi apps etc, but much to my amazement, having linked the car with the new registration I am now able to set destinations in the app and send them to the car. (I had also previously been unable to login to the app for a few weeks, but the change of email seems to have sorted that)!

Edit: For completeness, should add that this is on my Mk3 TTS

That's interesting as I need to change my registered email address with myaudi...