1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

MyAudi.com Map Update

Datastorm May 12, 2016

1. Datastorm

Datastorm Registered User

Hi,

Anyone know the release schedule for the map updates on MyAudi.com?

I thought an update was released every 6mths for download, we must be overdue now?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Rob2k68 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I've been keeping an eye out for this too.

Last one was Nov 14th so should be any day now ;o)

pburv, Simon L and Datastorm like this.
  4. slicko4211

slicko4211 Registered User

Does it cost or is it free? How do you update it onto car?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5. Datastorm

It's a free download, you copy it onto an SD card and the MMI unit will install the update

pburv, Rob2k68 and slicko4211 like this.
  6. slicko4211

Thanks

7. slicko4211

How do you update general Audi MMI?

8. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm sure it'll all run smooth as clockwork just like last time...........................:whistle2:

9. glospete

glospete Registered User

That's provided you don't have SD navigation in which case you have to buy another SD card. Only the Tech Pack comes with the 5 free updates.

10. slicko4211

Thanks. I do have technology pack. How do I update general MMI?

11. glospete

glospete Registered User

If you mean how do you do a firmware update on the MMI then AFAIK only an Audi dealer can do it .... and they won't unless there is something wrong. They apparently won't do it even if there is a later firmware update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WarwickL and Rob2k68 like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Datastorm

Noticed the map download option is now missing from MyAudi.com ..... is for me anyway.

Either they've pulled the service, or we have an imminent map update coming.

Rob2k68 likes this.
  14. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Rob2k68 likes this.
  15. Rob2k68

Mines still there and still says Europe 2016.

It's late this time round - hope it's a good un!

WarwickL and pburv like this.
  16. Datastorm

Strange mine has disappeared. The car is only 14mths old so I haven't used up all my free updates yet.... hmmm.

Rob2k68 likes this.
  17. WarwickL

WarwickL Registered User

Map update has disappeared off the local AU site as well today - looks like they are indeed about to release the new one

pburv and Rob2k68 like this.
  18. A3Kent

A3Kent Registered User

Mines still showing Europe 2016. How do you know if you've got it already without having to download it?

19. cemerson

cemerson Registered User

I'm out free updates now as far as I'm aware, which is annoying. It'd be OK if they were even just a bit delayed adding new roads, but there are some near me now that have been roads for years and still aren't on the maps. Why the hell do we pay Audi so much money for a system they can't keep up to date when Google etc manage it for free and are capable of much quicker updates?

Can't wait until I have Android Auto in the car and other options become available! Shame that it won't integrate with the virtual cockpit though (I'm guessing anyway).

20. A3Kent

A3Kent Registered User

What happens when the 5 free updates run out? Can you buy the updates?

21. cemerson

cemerson Registered User

Yes, at an extortionate cost.

22. Chimp

Chimp Registered User

I Have never updated mine so thought I would check today and in services there isn't download map updates...weird it was there about a year ago.

23. Rob2k68

Mine disappeared last time it was a right faff had to complain through customer services still missing the my destinations applet thingy.

Datastorm and glospete like this.
  24. airbus319

airbus319 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Are the updates vehicle specific? could we not just download one and put it on dropbox for others?

25. glospete

glospete Registered User

That's interesting as I've asked in the past what the cost is. Presumably based on your comment you have that figure? Could you share it with the rest of us please - my free updates will finish next year. Thanks.

26. glospete

glospete Registered User

For what it's worth my map app is still there as is my destinations, but last year Rob2k68 and I spent ages with customer services trying to get these back on my.audi as they had disappeared. It seems Rob's my destinations never did reappear but mine did!

27. HawkeyeS3

HawkeyeS3 Registered User

Its only free with the Tech Pack Nav. If you have the SD card Nav you don't get it free

28. HawkeyeS3

Err...........no. Else everyone would be copying them and making it available

29. HawkeyeS3

Having just swapped from my S3 to an RSQ3 (which also has the tech pack), but I no longer get the free updates like I did for my S3, as the RSQ3 Tech Pack package doesn't include them (nice to be consistent Audi). There are 2 elements to getting the updates:
    - you have to buy the update pack (seems t o be anything from £165 upwards, depending on whether you get just the maps, or the map and operating system update
    - you have to pay the dealer to install it - another £150-200 - as it has to be dealer authenticated

So reckon on about £300-£400 at a guess.

Now.....whether Audi will do something different for the S3 after the 3 years of free updates have run out is anyone's guess. Either way, there will be a cost.

scottshere likes this.
  30. Rob2k68

When lots of members had lost the map update option from my.audi at the last update a kind forum member did exactly that.

Datastorm and pburv like this.
  31. cemerson

cemerson Registered User

I can't remember the exact amount, but I think it was over £200 from what I remember talking to my dealer. He could have been wrong though.

32. cemerson

cemerson Registered User

They did, but that doesn't mean it would work on anyone else's car (and if they are vehicle specific, they are leaving themselves open to prosecution by sharing the data too no doubt)

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Rob2k68

It worked for several people who all have tech pack high MMI and was a big help to those who lost the download option and were within their 5 update period. The SD cards are highly encrypted to the vehicle so it wouldn't work for SD nav users.

I do wonder how the tech pack maps and the update system works - it could be quite simply date related that updates will only be accepted within 2 1/2 years after the date of registration.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    A3Kent, pburv and airbus319 like this.
  35. cemerson

cemerson Registered User

We'll see soon enough then I guess. I'm out of updates now but happy to try putting new maps on if I can get hold of them.

Rob2k68 likes this.
  36. A3Kent

A3Kent Registered User

I always wondered if the update worked if it was downloaded elsewhere and put onto a system that had run out of updates. I asked this a while back and no one had an answer then but i guess not many people were in that situation of running out of free updates. Good to hear that it looks like it works.

I think it was worked out that you get the next 5 consecutive updates. You can't pick and choose which 5 you want so can't just download one a year on the basis you thought you would get one update for the next 5 years.

I'm not sure i have many updates left, possibly 2. Car was purchased in November 2014.

I'm happy to upload the next update somewhere for someone (@cemerson?) to try.

Sandra and Rob2k68 like this.
  37. sandman112

sandman112 Registered User

38. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Registered User

I did mine last Saturday. Checked the date on the system & it was dated 2014. Got a 32GB SD card & logged on to "my Audi" & started the map download, takes around an hr. Put SD card into the car & after 25mins or so job done, checked system & stated it was on 2016 mapping.

39. mistac

mistac Registered User

just to confirm, do you have mmi navigation plus and connect? I am due to get new A3 sportback later this year with standard mmi navigation and 3 month free trial of connect - do I understand correctly that during the 3 month free trial I will be unable to update the maps as you also must have mmi navigation plus?

40. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Registered User

As above mate that's what I did. Had the car 5 weeks & "yes" it's the SD/up grade version of the satnav. No problem with the download after I registered on the "my Audi" web site.

Rob2k68 likes this.
  41. marshalex

marshalex Registered User

Got the same issue. Checked the site today for the latest maps and my destinations and download maps have gone. Car was registered June 2014 and I've only had 4 updates at the most. Bit annoyed that lost my special destinations as I used this for putting speed cameras on the maps.
    Do we have to speak to the dealer to get this sorted or is there a contact at Audi UK?

Datastorm and Rob2k68 like this.
  42. A3Kent

A3Kent Registered User

The option is still there on my myaudi - still 2016. Car registered Nov 2014.

@marshalex - I don't think it matters if you've only downloaded and applied 4. If there have been 5 since your car was built/registered (not sure when the cut off is) then you are out of your 5 free updates i think. Of course, you may still have 1 left depending on when it was built/registered or you've applied the updates as soon as they've been updated on myaudi.

43. marshalex

marshalex Registered User

That's what I'd have thought but counting through on the basis they're released Jan and June then I should have 1 left, unless they do it on the build week cut off in which case it may have be 5. When I got the car it had the June 2014 maps on so I'm confused. Raised it with CS anyway to see what they say.
    If could get my current spec in the new A3 with the android auto I'd be tempted to upgrade the car but it seems you can't get the 2.0 TDI 184 without quattro and s-tronic on the refresh.

Datastorm and Rob2k68 like this.