MyAudi App Update iOS

tiggerthefox

Reaction score
So, due to lockdown the car gets little use at present. Prior to a short squirt to the supermarket today, the car has been static since 4th March.
On returning home, I checked the app to discover it has had a facelift sometime in the period between the two recent vehicle movements. It now absolutely fails to update the vehicle’s status - see attached image - whereas the prior iteration of the app worked pretty well.
Have flagged this to Audi UK’s Twitter customer services and have, predictably, been referred on to Audi Digital Services. I’m familiar with ADS, having had MMI issues with the RS4 after acquiring this.
Before I call ADS, has anyone had a similar experience with the updated 4.0.1. app, and if so, were you able to fix the issue and how?
Thanks.

Attachments

• B8731537-8F21-4149-8B1A-E88654A6D7A9.png
    B8731537-8F21-4149-8B1A-E88654A6D7A9.png
    568.6 KB · Views: 403
So, due to lockdown the car gets little use at present. Prior to a short squirt to the supermarket today, the car has been static since 4th March.
On returning home, I checked the app to discover it has had a facelift sometime in the period between the two recent vehicle movements. It now absolutely fails to update the vehicle’s status - see attached image - whereas the prior iteration of the app worked pretty well.
Have flagged this to Audi UK’s Twitter customer services and have, predictably, been referred on to Audi Digital Services. I’m familiar with ADS, having had MMI issues with the RS4 after acquiring this.
Before I call ADS, has anyone had a similar experience with the updated 4.0.1. app, and if so, were you able to fix the issue and how?
Thanks.
Mines been the same since the update + I’ve never been able to get the location function to work either.

Can you try an older version to see if this still works.

Have now had a lengthy discussion with Audi Digital Services in Athens. Various attempts to resolve the issue, including logging in and out of the app, setting a new region and language in the app to then change back to UK and English (the app froze altogether), deleting and reinstalling the app and lastly, logging into my.audi.com on the web to conduct a comparison.
Nothing worked. My last known updates relate to 6th March 2021 at 14:13...the last time before today I checked the app, which was 2 days after the vehicle last moved before today. The 4.0.1. update went live in the App Store on 7th March.
Coincidental?
This “frozen in time“ information is consistent across the app and the web login, suggesting to me it is a server issue. The agent didn’t disagree.
Agent advises to leave it 24 hours and try again. If unsuccessful, he advises to leave it a further 24 hours and see if the info‘ updates then. Failing that, to contact them again when a full separation of the vehicle from my account may be necessary, requiring the vehicle to be paired to the account a second time to see if this re-syncs the app and web to the vehicle and vice versa.
Given that registering Key User status shortly after I bought the car (new) was not exactly easy makes this last ditch option something I’m particularly not looking forward to.
What. A. Faff.

Have now had a lengthy discussion with Audi Digital Services in Athens. Various attempts to resolve the issue, including logging in and out of the app, setting a new region and language in the app to then change back to UK and English (the app froze altogether), deleting and reinstalling the app and lastly, logging into my.audi.com on the web to conduct a comparison.
Nothing worked. My last known updates relate to 6th March 2021 at 14:13...the last time before today I checked the app, which was 2 days after the vehicle last moved before today. The 4.0.1. update went live in the App Store on 7th March.
Coincidental?
This “frozen in time“ information is consistent across the app and the web login, suggesting to me it is a server issue. The agent didn’t disagree.
Agent advises to leave it 24 hours and try again. If unsuccessful, he advises to leave it a further 24 hours and see if the info‘ updates then. Failing that, to contact them again when a full separation of the vehicle from my account may be necessary, requiring the vehicle to be paired to the account a second time to see if this re-syncs the app and web to the vehicle and vice versa.
Given that registering Key User status shortly after I bought the car (new) was not exactly easy makes this last ditch option something I’m particularly not looking forward to.
What. A. Faff.
Thx for the update,
Not possible because the app is the updated version in the App Store.

Also if you try to use the old app it no longer works until you download and install the latest version. However I’m not sure it’s the app that’s causing the problem. My wife’s Q3 is linked to the same account and is Still automatically updating every time I log in.

I tried to get this working again by deleting my user account details in the Mmi and then logging back in. This took several attempts with the message “ function not available” being displayed after entering my password. Eventually got around this by deliberately entering the wrong password which generated an incorrect password message. After this entered the correct password again and it logged the car back in and then the app correctly showed the car was unlocked.

All was good for 5 mins and then the app says it can’t connect with the car again albeit the app has updated cars status to show it’s now locked!

If I log in to my account via the web rather than through the app exactly the same issue exists so looks like Audi have made other changes in the background which are impacting with communication to and from the car

Last edited:
I tried to get this working again by deleting my user account details in the Mmi and then logging back in. This took several attempts with the message “ function not available” being displayed after entering my password. Eventually got around this by deliberately entering the wrong password which generated an incorrect password message. After this entered the correct password again and it logged the car back in and then the app correctly showed the car was unlocked.

All was good for 5 mins and then the app says it can’t connect with the car again albeit the app has updated cars status to show it’s now locked!

If I log in to my account via the web rather than through the app exactly the same issue exists so looks like Audi have made other changes in the background which are impacting with communication to and from the car
Hence why at this stage I’m reluctant to detach the vehicle from the account and start over. It was painful enough when setting it up at the outset.
Interesting that your web experience mirrors mine, suggesting user accounts are not syncing with the server. As I mentioned, the last accurate picture of my vehicle‘s status was the day before the app was updated.
Definitely an Audi IT issue to fix. But are the Four Rings listening?

Hence why at this stage I’m reluctant to detach the vehicle from the account and start over. It was painful enough when setting it up at the outset.
Interesting that your web experience mirrors mine, suggesting user accounts are not syncing with the server. As I mentioned, the last accurate picture of my vehicle‘s status was the day before the app was updated.
Definitely an Audi IT issue to fix. But are the Four Rings listening?
Based on previous experience I very much doubt it. To be clear when I had a play this afternoon it worked whilst I was sat in the car with the ignition on. The problem came back soon after I came back in. The bit I don’t get is why it is still working perfectly with my wife’s car which is on the same account.

mines booked intonthe dealers this week for something else so they can have a look at this at the same time

Immediately after the 4.0.1 upgrade, I encountered some sync issues but they had gone the day after. Since then I've not experienced any issues.

Immediately after the 4.0.1 upgrade, I encountered some sync issues but they had gone the day after. Since then I've not experienced any issues.
That’s interesting. I only became aware of the updated app earlier today when I clicked the icon open to see a refreshed layout. It’s still unresponsive now, so will give it the timescale indicated by Digital Services before getting fatalistic.

Not a S4 but with my S5 the app is fine, it updated the other day and I’ve had no issues. Admittedly I don’t use it an awful lot, mainly for the peace of mind of the alarm functionality. Here’s what my Home Screen looks like.

Attachments

• 8EBBFD15-E804-411A-B161-A1447E89A3F6.png
    8EBBFD15-E804-411A-B161-A1447E89A3F6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
Not a S4 but with my S5 the app is fine, it updated the other day and I’ve had no issues. Admittedly I don’t use it an awful lot, mainly for the peace of mind of the alarm functionality. Here’s what my Home Screen looks like.
may I ask on the the theft and location screen does it show you the precise location of the car - on my old A5 it did but that stopped and on the S5 it just says no warning messages

cheers

may I ask on the the theft and location screen does it show you the precise location of the car - on my old A5 it did but that stopped and on the S5 it just says no warning messages

cheers
Yeah it’s all accurate, sometimes get a message to say location of the car has been updated too. Usually check it when the cars in the garage to see when it’s being worked on etc

Yeah it’s all accurate, sometimes get a message to say location of the car has been updated too. Usually check it when the cars in the garage to see when it’s being worked on etc
Same here, very accurate and it tells how long the car has been parked in that position. The location update is a bit random.

Reactions: Bells
Same here, very accurate and it tells how long the car has been parked in that position. The location update is a bit random.
Cheers all

ive made a bit of progress on this after call ADS who suggested I try changing my pw, pin or resetting the key user in the car. all this took about 10 mins without any success.

So I then started going through each of the settings in the app and found one relating to Wi Fi under vehicle connection. Once I linked my phone to this everything started working albeit the bit I dont understand is although my phone is now not in the car its still communicating with the app

@Bells @Frizzley apologies, just catching up with your individual updates after a busy couple of days, including drafting a letter of complaint to Andrew Doyle about the app and the abject lack of interest of Audi’s Twitter customer service in taking the initiative to escalate the outage internally, rather than placing the burden on the customer to self-medicate and make all the running.
It stayed in draft as an incomplete document, pending yesterday’s rare RS4 movement...a 30-mile round trip to the Derby Arena to get my first AstraZeneca shot. When I got home, I cycled up the app and...
....it updated (of sorts).
Letter to Doyle now paused.
The app now syncs when I refresh it, with the exception of the oil level. That was a frequent issue on the prior version, although the iOS app now merely reports this as “please check.” The web login to my.audi.com still flags up that it is unable to load data in full, although most of the key advisories are accurate.
The oil level is regarded as “not OK” on the web portal. Couldn’t Audi come up with something better than these descriptions?
Both are clearly errors as just 127 miles and 32 days ago the car underwent its first flexible oil change service.
The “theft and location” function on the app just displays an overhead line drawing of a car, advising there are currently no active alerts. The Google maps function is 100% accurate.
Here are a couple of screen shots of the app screen and the web interface, both taken a few minutes ago.
I intend to contact Audi Digital Services, time permitting, on Wednesday to discuss the current performance and to ask why the oil reading is so out of whack with reality.
”Bug fixes”, I think they said....

Attachments

• A18504BE-1454-4E6B-815A-128811FB0D6A.png
    A18504BE-1454-4E6B-815A-128811FB0D6A.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 163
  • B1CBB903-C79D-473C-A1F6-D67C767EEA64.png
    B1CBB903-C79D-473C-A1F6-D67C767EEA64.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 162