MY2017 A4 Avant B9

iambu

Reaction score
Hi all

I know the A4 Avant B9 was only launched/released last month (January 2016), with the B9 Saloon launched last November 2015, however..... I am just wondering if people would expect Audi to make some slight tweaks/improvements to the standard spec and optional extras for Manufacturing Year (MY) MY2017? If Audi operate the same as VW, then MY2017 build vehicles would be built from sometime in May 2016 (in a few months time).

Anyone got any prior experience of this, or thoughts?

There's going to be no differences apart from, the rumoured black styling pack actually going to be available this time!

I've seen that the MY17 updates for the TT are released now, anyone seen anything regarding the A4?

There isn't going to be because the model has not long been released. By all account the back optics kit will still not be available. So my dealership had been informed!

My car is build week 20 (16 May) which I think is the first if the MY2017 build? Unless anybody can tell me different.

Usually starts at week 22 from what I've read..

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Some people are saying my2017 starts at week 20, whilst others say it's week 22. Would it be worthwhile in me delaying by 2 weeks? Is that's even possible.

Only thing I've seen "officially" is talk about Audi providing a SIM and data connection for the Audi Connect services in MY17 b9s but it's not clear if that will happen at the start of MY17 or sometime later.

Don't procrastinate over it, wait 2 weeks, what about 1 year and 2 weeks and so on.
If you want the car just get it, there'll always be something round the corner. Would they update it so soon ? surely not

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and TunedMassDamper
If it helps, it always bw22 when model years changes kick in. I know because I've always made a point of been very interested in the changes as I've had cars on order. The MY17 changes usually get released to dealers around the middle of April, just ask your dealer to email the list.

If you know anyone with access to the dealers system, Audi desktop, they should be able to get it

I heard that it will stay the same except for some "black glossy trims" package.

Well I phones Audi UK today to find out the latest about if there are going to be any MY2017 updates. The girl seemed abit clueless but she reckoned there would be. She had no info on the black optics pack though and told me to check with my local Audi dealer within the next few weeks for any updates.

Slightly OT but the B9 S4 is turbo'd :(

Big builds with turbos yes, but the charger has won me over lol

Reactions: xpoweruk
My dealership phoned me today and they have received all the model update news for MY2017 builds.

He said a few models are getting updates and changes but there is nothing mentioned for the A4!
He said that it's probably because it is still too new a model but there could still be changes later in the year!

Unfortunately as it looks, the black exterior optics pack is still a long way off!

Reactions: iambu and scotty76
It looks like the brochure has now been updated to take in to account the MY2017 changes. First difference I've spotted is the Parking System Plus no longer being listed as a pay-for option :)

Plus the Black Styling Pack is now an option!
Upload 2016 5 19 15 20 14

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-19_15-20-2.png
    upload_2016-5-19_15-20-2.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 244
It looks like the brochure has now been updated to take in to account the MY2017 changes. First difference I've spotted is the Parking System Plus no longer being listed as a pay-for option :)

But has the list price of the car increased by approx £400 to account for this now 'standard' feature? Someone said it had but I haven't bothered to compare the old and new brochures as I have my car now

But has the list price of the car increased by approx £400 to account for this now 'standard' feature? Someone said it had but I haven't bothered to compare the old and new brochures as I have my car now

Yes, it has: prices on the online configurator reflect that now as well.

Lol, just received a brochure in the post today and guess what, it's for the 2016 model year so it still has the packing system plus as a chargable option. I just cannot understand why they'd send me an old one out when the 2017 model version has been available to download for over a week.

I was surprised that the full front and rear parking sensors wasn't standard to begin with. My wife has a 2015 golf, which came with touchscreen dab stereo, front and rear sensors with display, adaptive cruise control and hill hold as standard. So for a more premium brand and new model, there's a few things missing on standard spec.

Because they made a better choice of not having driver distractions. If it is too dangerous to use a phone whilst driving then it is also too dangerous to use a touchscreen....

The screen on the A4 can be operated with touch, but I don't think they're great and you end up with marks all over it. Main reason why the Jag XE was ruled out when deciding what car to get