1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY17/18 S3 Gearbox software update (S-tronic)

Mark_86 Jun 14, 2018

1. Mark_86

Mark_86 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Black Edition quattro DSG

Hi all,

Just a heads up, I've been moaning about my S-tronic box for some time and finally, Audi have released a software update for MY17/18 S3's... so just a heads up that if you are having issues with jerky changes or judder from pulling away, this update should fix it.

I'll get the update reference when the cars back next week. (They're also replacing my drivers seat and passenger seat back because they squeak lol).

Jcbmally, Supa Koopa, Ian66 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Ian66

Ian66 Active Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

Thanks that is great we have the Same issues car in next week for its first service will ask about it when we are in cheers again

Mark_86 likes this.
  4. BarryG79

BarryG79 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Audi A3 quattro Sportback DSG

Interested to here how u get on with that at Stirling Audi. I just thought this was a characteristic of the DSG box

Spotted your good lady in Stirling today again around 4ish heading out the town.
    5 cars behind her was an RS3 also in Ara blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian66 likes this.
  5. Bells

Bells Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

Interesting you mentioned this, I cancelled my appointment for Audi to look at my car for this intermittent juddering due to work commitments last week. I’ll get it rebooked once I hear about the reference number for the update, thanks :grinning:

6. Ian66

She says hi didn’t remember the post about your car being changed Barry g :icon thumright:

7. BarryG79

BarryG79 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Audi A3 quattro Sportback DSG

Still got the white S3 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian66 likes this.
  8. Ian66

Oh cool no worries

9. alpesh26

alpesh26 Active Member TeamMisano Navarra Blue Classic

What were the symptoms you had? Mine seems to have a snatchy change when going into 3rd (doesn't matter if its an upshift or a downshift)

10. Mark_86

I had jerky changes and juddering when pulling away. Almost like if you let of the clutch too quick if it was a manual.

11. Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro S tronic

Mine just seems to be doing this as well. It seems to snatch changing gears and isn't very smooth. Sometimes it's almost like you're riding the clutch a bit as it makes a bit more noise but its not really moving more (not easy to explain). The weirdest part is its only seemed to have started doing it since I disconnected the battery for a few hours. I removed the battery to charge it and since putting it back on the gear box seems much snatchier than before. Not sure if this is linked or if I'm only just noticing more. I'd be really interested in the software update you get as I think I'll be booking mine in soon. :(

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Daz4311

Daz4311 Well-Known Member

Keep us all updated on this please....will get mine booked in once there's more info....cheers

14. alpesh26

alpesh26 Active Member TeamMisano Navarra Blue Classic

Exactly how mine feels but only in 3rd and its done it once going into 5th. I thought one of the clutches was dodgy. I will speak to Audi and get this booked in

15. Mark_86

Will do, it's still with Audi at the moment...

16. Mark_86

So, got the car back, only for Audi to turn around and say... couldn't find anything wrong with it. To which, I said, so what about the software update you explained you were going to do? Answer... lots of blank faces. And... why did you need my car from Thursday to Monday if there was no issue? More blank faces. Something very a-miss here... So, sorry for those who have got their hopes up, but I need to do some investigating here. On a side note, it drives exactly the same.

Ian66 likes this.
  17. Ian66

Are you going to contact Audi uk to see if there is an updated software?? I would sounds a bit fishy thanks again

Mark_86 likes this.
  18. TYb

TYb Well-Known Member Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Audi S3

The Audi dealership network doesn’t seem adequate to support the amount of Audi’s on the road anymore. I had to wait 4 weeks to get a service appointment and would have been 6 if wanted a courtesy car.

19. 4K

4K Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 DSG

I'm willing to bet they didn't do the update then.

Mine's had two software updates on the S-Tronic in the past 6 months as a result of two different bulletins that have been out on the car. Granted mine is as PFL 6spd S-Tronic, but I would imagine same applies to teh newer boxes as well. Go back in, give the manager **** and get your car sorted. It's under warranty, you're paying for it!

20. 4K

4K Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 DSG

Oh and forgot to say. The update did make a huge difference to mine.

21. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Updates have been around from the factory for a while, I do it when I tune the gearbox software.

Rick

Rob2k68 likes this.
  22. dadracer55

dadracer55 Member

I checked with a main dealer yesterday and they said there were no updates for my car which is a 2017 S3 with the 7 speed DSG box.