MY10 S3 heading Down Under!

When you're waiting for an S3 you seem to just just day dream every day about the first time you get in it, the first time you drive it....:drool:

And then the day finally arrives and you take the long journey to the dealership. And because they know you're coming they move it to the front of the forecourt and the first time you see it you can't believe that it's yours!

One of the best days ever :cool:

I'm a bit old skool, so, to me, cars like the GTI and S3 should only be sold in 3dr form, haha.

I agree :undwech:

It'll come soon enough Lima, trust me.

I finally gave in & phoned my dealer yesterday only to find out that my car arrived on Thursday afternoon!!!!!!! Where is the customer service????

seems that they forget your phone number after you pay. they need some serious :asskicking:

When you're waiting for an S3 you seem to just just day dream every day about the first time you get in it, the first time you drive it....:drool:

And then the day finally arrives and you take the long journey to the dealership. And because they know you're coming they move it to the front of the forecourt and the first time you see it you can't believe that it's yours!

One of the best days ever :cool:

you're right and you're not helping...i'm only a few day from picking my car up, and i have those symptoms :drag:

When I bought my A3 cabriolet back in September last year my car was in a specially lit area with a silver sheet over it and I had the pleasure of un-vailing it (or should I say my daughter did)

Very rememberable occasion :)

It lives! :thrashi:

S3-build-scrn.jpg

nice one Lima, let us know how the 'new' RNS-E/AMI is, and if it was worth putting the order back a few weeks

Mine has exactly the same build daye and i've been told another 2 weeks to delivery so will see how much quicker it is in the UK.
I thought the flat bottom steering wheel was standard?

Not in Australia. However, we do get a bunch of other stuff standard, such as Bose stereo, leather seats, rear parking sensors and probably a few other bits and pieces. I'm not sure of the exact "base" spec for UK market.

yes i had to pay extra for Bose and rear parking sensors. sounds like you get a better deal over there then!

S3-voyage.jpg

I think this is the quickest route of the three the shipping company uses, so that's a bit of a win.

:thumbsup:

Edit: My car will be docking at Port Kembla. It then sits in compound for a week or two before customs releases the vehicle to Audi Australia and it takes a further two weeks from then.

Mid-August is looking like the date I guess.

our list price for the basic model with metallic paint i think is approx £28k inc delivery, tax etc so maybe we did get a decent deal after all.
i had a call from Audi today to see it has now been built. should be shipped over within the next 10 days, then 3 days to be checked over etc here and then ready to collect so approx 2 - 2.5 weeks.

here it's basic s3 42000 €. what do you think about that? add buckets, sat nav with mmi, sensors, blackout package and you're waaaaay over 50000€. hate this market!

Yeah baby bring on that fecking car at ****** last man, god could of shipped the parts over quicker & built it by now, lol

lol ...are you some kind of paparazzi? or you can't wait anymore?
best pic ever:applaus:
it's almost over :beerchug:

That pic is ******* epic hahaha!!

I love it :D

lol! Has to be pic of the month! How long did you wait for that shot?

that pic is epic, shame your not going to be the first person to drive it!!!!! it has lost its virginity already :O

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Did he dukes of Hazard it off that ramp? :D

lol! Has to be pic of the month! How long did you wait for that shot?

It was arsey timing, that's all. We were at that vantage point for about 30 minutes or so and that car looked to be the only one that could be my S3. Then when I got home and checked the WW tracking website the times were pretty consistent. Even if it isn't actually my car, I'm claiming it as mine, haha.

Can't be that many Ibis White S3s, with black optics and sunroof that were unloaded today.

Now, about that life I am supposed to have. :p

Your are to be applauded! Have you considered a life as a Paparazzo?

love the pic mate!! deffo pic of the month! LOL

have fun with it

I'll trade you my 2.0fsi sport for your s3? Deal? KK we'll meet up soon, next few weeks dicuss paperwork!

btw whats FBMFSW?

omg can you see that scratch? i put it in final cut studio and there is a huge scratch above the front left wheel in the second pic!

HAHA sorry im sure it wasnt funny but had to try

Great picture, laughed when i saw that, spot on!
My new S3 has 992 miles on it now, so only 8 more miles and i can rag the s**t out of it!!

well...the headlights are working :moa: