MY09 & MY11 3Door Rear Lights - Part Number - Photos

Lava Grey MY09

26012011-5.jpg

thanks for this thread Ash! Very usefull, and considering buying the MY11 tail lights on my Lava Grau paint :) may I ask if you or somebody know what kind of rims this car have?

thanks for this thread Ash! Very usefull, and considering buying the MY11 tail lights on my Lava Grau paint :) may I ask if you or somebody know what kind of rims this car have?

Look like S3 wheels to me, but obviously refurbed in that colour from Silver.

Welcome to the site.

I have seen your PM & will get back to you asap :)

Installed the tail lights my11 today, after plugging them in, i got an error that both brake lights need to be replaced. Are those the w16w bulbs?

Guys, sorry for ressurecting the thread, but last week my car was in a garage and they broke a tail light. They installed a new one, but when i washed the car i was surprised to see that the new one, was much clearer than the old one. If i take off my old tail light, can i see the part number on it to see if its Dark tint or standart ? Or if you could say what it is based on the pictures. When the car is on direct sunlight, the new one is bright as hell, and the other is darker :D

Attachments

• 2014-04-14 18.13.08.jpg
    2014-04-14 18.13.08.jpg
    800.3 KB · Views: 407
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 366
  • old.jpg
    old.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 382
Can someone update what bulb you replace in the brake lights when upgrading to my11 lights on a pre facelift

Can someone update what bulb you replace in the brake lights when upgrading to my11 lights on a pre facelift
When I upgraded mine a couple of month ago it said on the bulb holder at the side of where the bulb goes what type of bulb it is you need, it were a few letters and numbers mixed together. It's the brake light bulbs you need.

Has anyone bought the lights from Eurocar parts? They are branded as Magnetti Marelli... Are these the same as OEM just in a different box? They are £75.99 per light but they have 25% off everything at the moment so can get a set for £113 delivered.

Reactions: kash_v
Just bought mine today, works out £120 delivered, bargain of you ask me

And from what I've read they are an OEM equivalent, loads of people have gone for these, your never going to know the difference

Just bought mine today, works out £120 delivered, bargain of you ask me

Which ones have you got for m? MY09 or MY11?

I've currently got MY09 but debating getting the MY11 as my car is black. I hope the darker ones on Europarts as just a dark as the OEM ones and not too similar to the MY09 as there wouldn't be much point in changing.

I've gone for the MY11 ones mate, I will take some pictures when they're fitted this week, may be able to tell the difference! I'm sure you would be able to go down to a euro parts shop and get one out of stock to check? If you have one local

Actually they must be the same, people replace smashed lights with these, they wouldn't make them if they didn't match OEM!

Actually they must be the same, people replace smashed lights with these, they wouldn't make them if they didn't match OEM!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I have a euro parts local so I will try and nip down and have a look. Be good to see your pics too, cheers mate.

Here's a couple of pics, get them fitted in the morning and take some more

7b6be5cca02f76083d3fc21fac985980.jpg

3747171a90dc65eb72fd93c713887963.jpg

Reactions: S11M and kash_v
Thanks guys, because of this thread im £113 poorer lol. Mine come in Sat.

Reactions: S11M
How did you get yours for £113! I had to pay delivery charge with no option, or are you picking them up?

How did you get yours for £113! I had to pay delivery charge with no option, or are you picking them up?

picking mate, although regret it now - as no doubt ill be in there an hour waiting :blue:

I thought about that too, but then I worked out it was a 15 mile round trip which would have costed me a fiver anyway low mpg problems

Here we are guys, really heavy to my surprise and feels and looks absolute quality!

d44a2c0e9dbae2725bacf71308fc9207.jpg

afaee3f4082656e074494761d7014116.jpg

And Euro F'ed up :whip: got home left lamp has a big crack in it.....Replacement wont be in till Monday and cant collect till Fri lol.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set of MY11 last night. Couldn't believe it when I went onto Euros site last night and they had increased the offer from 25% to 30% off for the last day of the sale so got them for £107 and they are only down the road from me..... result

I'll be selling my MY09's when I got the new ones fitted tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Cambaines
Has anyone bought the lights from Eurocar parts? They are branded as Magnetti Marelli... Are these the same as OEM just in a different box? They are £75.99 per light but they have 25% off everything at the moment so can get a set for £113 delivered.

View attachment 97993

I got these, they seem practicality the same as my09's ? I thought I was getting my11's. Only just replaced one light after having them for a few weeks. I thought my11's lit up differently than my09 when pressing the brake?

I got these, they seem practicality the same as my09's ? I thought I was getting my11's. Only just replaced one light after having them for a few weeks. I thought my11's lit up differently than my09 when pressing the brake?

They are very similar but the main difference is the colour of the plastic behind the lense, giving the darker appearance. The MY09 are red and the MY11 are black. Can't say I've noticed a difference in the brake light.

Okay I think you're right. Looking at some of the pics on the first page it looked like some of the my11 lights lit up differently when the headlights were turned on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anyone know if you can get the My09 lights from Euro car parts?

Yes you can mate.... Here you go.....
The screen shot I took earlier in the thread from euro car parts site are the my11's. When you click on fitment detail the my11's state 2011 onwards where as the my09's don't.

Reactions: dg-1984
Thanks very much, I had tried putting in my reg at 2010 but brought back the my11 lights so thought it was only them they sold.
Excellent..

Just fitted some to my s3, they look ten times better and would recommend anyone with a pre facelift getting this done!