My widebody project car

A few pics but progress is slow. Having to work 13hour days 7 days a week for the next month
RNSE
IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

A couple of night pics
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Last one for now. Still loads to do. I badly need an RS exhaust just so i can use it :(
IMG_0053.jpg

Taxed today so mucho incentive now. Gave it a quick clean and now full steam ahead
IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Its got to be remembered that my car is originally a prefacelift too so i have the trauma of the dashboard wiring still to face, also the rnse install etc etc etc
IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Been finishing the wiring for my facelift double din console today aswell as the illuminated vents. Also thought i'd fit my painted Y-pipe which really highlights the fact that my expansion tank needs replacing asap :( Y-pipe isnt staying as i have an RS4 one to go on but think it looks great. Might have to get the RS on done the same
IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

And this is what i have been doing today. Bet your sick of the pics now?
IMG_0121.jpg

£20k?? Gulp! Ive got a set of genuine RS6 turbos that have been rebuilt by turbotechnics and modified by MRC to fit the B5 to go on. Looking forward to getting them fitted. Just need some ****** downpipes :(

Its really closer to £30k :-( due to having to redo work etc

rs6's with a good map will see you past the 500 mark, you are looking at around the 530-550 on s4 heads (thats if you are still running them)

Plenty of down pipes to choose from. Just depends on budget.

Its really closer to £30k :-( due to having to redo work etc

rs6's with a good map will see you past the 500 mark, you are looking at around the 530-550 on s4 heads (thats if you are still running them)

Plenty of down pipes to choose from. Just depends on budget.
Yep still on S4 heads for the time being but i have a spare engine here that im thinking of building up. To be honest though, i'd be happy with 500>550bhp. I want a very fast accelerating car. Ive chased numbers before on a previous car and lost sight of what i was after. The car was so fast it was undriveable. What do you reckon, rs4 rods, lower comp gaskets and 2.4 heads?

Yep still on S4 heads for the time being but i have a spare engine here that im thinking of building up. To be honest though, i'd be happy with 500>550bhp. I want a very fast accelerating car. Ive chased numbers before on a previous car and lost sight of what i was after. The car was so fast it was undriveable. What do you reckon, rs4 rods, lower comp gaskets and 2.4 heads?

500-550 is a seriusly quick car and alot of fun! My car has more power and torque off boost than my k04 spec and the lag is only slightly more so the driveability is perfect. So if you did chase numbers i am sure with the right mods you would be fine.

If you do build an engine i wouldnt bother going rs4 rods, i am at the limits of my engine according to rich & johnny etc so if i was you i would just put some pauter rods, mahle pisons, low comp gaskets and large port 2.4 heads with some loba cams. Expensive but i think it would be worth it as that engine would be good for well over 700bhp, that is my next move. Ive gone 2.4 heads and cant say i noticed the difference, if/when i build my engine they will be given a good clean and a light port to make sure everything is 100%.

Either route you go you will have a stunning car that will pack a punch

wow thats awesome !!!!!
stunning colour choice and brilliant work
how many different rs4's did you have to get the parts from and how long were you collecting bits

wow thats awesome !!!!!
stunning colour choice and brilliant work
how many different rs4's did you have to get the parts from and how long were you collecting bits
I wasnt collecting bits for long. I was quite lucky finding the bits. The hardest and most expensive bits to source were the rear quarters

Lovely motor mate a hell of a lot of effort time and money gone into it by the looks of things, very nice colour well done

just wondering why didnt you just go out and buy an rs4? seems like alot of work to re-create a car that already excists.
i mean, youve spent 20k on this? that would easily buy you a very tidy rs4.

just wondering why didnt you just go out and buy an rs4? seems like alot of work to re-create a car that already excists.
i mean, youve spent 20k on this? that would easily buy you a very tidy rs4.
Mate, ive spent nowhere near 20k, im not that mad. Dont think ive even spent £5k including the price of the car. Im thinking of treating myself to an rs4 too later on in the year. Went out in a mates 600bhp rs today and it was unbelievably quick. Cant wait to get my turbos bolted on now

Mate, ive spent nowhere near 20k, im not that mad. Dont think ive even spent £5k including the price of the car. Im thinking of treating myself to an rs4 too later on in the year. Went out in a mates 600bhp rs today and it was unbelievably quick. Cant wait to get my turbos bolted on now

Buy That pickup girls RS4.

Mate, ive spent nowhere near 20k, im not that mad. Dont think ive even spent £5k including the price of the car.

oh i see, my apologies! lol.
be interesting to see a cost break down of the parts and bit and bobs.

I agree that lambo white is awesome, really sets the car apart. Great work mate all the time and effort is so worth it :)

The amusing thing about that thread, is people suggesting that he should convert a standard A4 or S4 model rather than an RS, when ofcourse an RS has to die anyway to give up the panels.

The amusing thing about that thread, is people suggesting that he should convert a standard A4 or S4 model rather than an RS, when ofcourse an RS has to die anyway to give up the panels.

Get the panels from ones thats died or get the panels made to look like a RS.

Which ever options does not involve the death of a RS4 B5.

Jimbo on SRS broke an RS recently because he couldnt sell it. Someone else sold his to Unit20 who broke it for parts too. So both of these cars will have provided panels to mod someone elses B5, hows that any different to just modding an RS to start with?

Jimbo on SRS broke an RS recently because he couldnt sell it. Someone else sold his to Unit20 who broke it for parts too. So both of these cars will have provided panels to mod someone elses B5, hows that any different to just modding an RS to start with?

Its not.
They each died and will not be the same again.

The point (and we are in the wrong post for this talk) was to try and save a RS.