My widebody project car

WOW.
That is impressive.

Be good if you can mate.
Be interesting to see.
I never knew you had a thread on another forum.
Are you on audiaddict at all? Theres an abreviated thread on there under members cars

Ive only seen a few odd pictures lee, but it looks great. I will check it all out on addicts.

My build is still raging on aswell, just need funds to build the engine. That wont happen until i am happy with how the business is running and the better half gives me the green light to spend another £20k

Ive only seen a few odd pictures lee, but it looks great. I will check it all out on addicts.

My build is still raging on aswell, just need funds to build the engine. That wont happen until i am happy with how the business is running and the better half gives me the green light to spend another £20k
£20k?? Gulp! Ive got a set of genuine RS6 turbos that have been rebuilt by turbotechnics and modified by MRC to fit the B5 to go on. Looking forward to getting them fitted. Just need some ****** downpipes :(

Recently bought this 1999 pre facelift S4 for the princely sum of £1000. I bought it without looking at it as it was so cheap and was up in sunny glasgow and im right down south. So just took a chance and paid a car transporter to go and collect it.
As i received it
007-1.jpg

Silly badges
012.jpg

Dented doors
018.jpg

013.jpg

Dented front wing
019.jpg

I managed to find some replacement doors in the right colour for £20 each and £20 for the wing too. This was only a temporary measure as this S4 is going OEM RS4 widebody :) Got some RS6 reps in 19's which i need to refurb when i get a chance
but look better than the crappy 16's that were on it. Also removed the silly badges and put a B6 S4 rear badge on there. Also sourced some RS4 facelift lights from Rennsport on here which really tidied up the rear end.
Heres how it stands at the moment with the replacement doors and wing and after a quick wash and wax. Still a bit scratched up but will be getting a full respray when i go widebody
014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

012-1.jpg

022.jpg

008.jpg

Managed to find a spare hour today so thought i'd get my new boost gauge cut into the centre dash vent. I think it came out pretty good. Ive rebated the fins so its sunk into the grills. Think it'll match a treat when i get some of those ebay chrome dash rings. Hopefully will find another hour during the week to get it plumbed and wired in.
009-1.jpg

011.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

Done a couple more bits today.
This little beauty turned up yesterday so couldnt wait to get it fitted along with some ebay chrome dash rings
BEFORE;
012-2.jpg

AFTER;
005.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

I have finally managed to source the final parts for my widebody build. Rear quarters and sideskirts are on the way. Just got to decide on a colour now :)
REARQUARTER1.jpg

REARQUARTER2.jpg

Yesterday i took delivery of a transit full of stuff. Cant wait to get this stuff fitted. Also i had a few hours spare today so after stripping the front and rear down, managed to start fitting a couple of parts.
IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

more...
IMG_0459.jpg

RS4 DOORS
IMG_0455.jpg

RS4 REAR BUMPER
IMG_0456.jpg

CARBON GOODIES
IMG_0462.jpg

RS4 CLOCKS
IMG_0463.jpg

MORE...
FULL RS4 BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

REAR QUARTERS
IMG_0466.jpg

AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
IMG_0467.jpg

TRIAL FIT OF REAR BUMPER
IMG_0468.jpg

LOOK AT THE EXTRA WIDTH
IMG_0469.jpg

DRIVERS WING ON
IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

BOTH WINGS ON AND FRONT BUMPER TRIAL FITTED
IMG_0470.jpg

Managed to get another couple of hours on the car today. One thing i hadnt thought about is im fitting facelift doors to a prefacelift. How do i fit my door lock barrel into the new door? :(
IMG_0478.jpg

DOOR OFF AND B5 RS4 STEERING WHEEL FITTED. DECIDED TO SELL THE B7 ONE
IMG_0472.jpg

NEW DOOR ON. IM HAVING SOME ALIGNMENT ISSUES BUT WILL GET THERE IN THE END
IMG_0475.jpg

REAR DOOR FITTED TOO
IMG_0476.jpg

LOOK AT THE EXTRA WIDTH :)
IMG_0477.jpg

OH AND RS4 DOOR CARDS TOO
IMG_0473.jpg

Managed to get my old interior out and get the new rs4 black leather seats installed today but the pictures came out really grainy for some reason so will get some pics tomorrow after i have done the passenger side front annd rear doors. My 6 came back from paint though and im very happy with it. Again the pics are grainy but you get the idea
IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Got the passenger side doors on today but still need to align them a bit better
IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

And the RS4 interior
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Just tried a door card on to see what they look like with the rest of the interior. (its wet in the pic)
IMG_0504.jpg

Had 3 hours on the car this weekend so didnt really get much done but i did manage to fit thr RS4 tailgate with spoiler, align passenger side doors and offer up the passenger side skirt. Still got alot of work to do on tailgate as its facelift and my car is prefacelift. Differences being electronic locking mechanism versus pneumatic. Its not a straight forward swap at all but im going to sort it!
IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

Got the passenger side rear quarter on today but couldnt finish it as i ran out of gas :( I was hoping to get this one finished and the other side tacked on this weekend. I will get some gas from work monday but think ive got to work next weekend so will probably be welding over xmas now. Looking good though
IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Got the other side ready to go today but it was p+ssing down so didnt bother tacking it up.
Marked up ready for cutting
IMG_0556.jpg

Sat in place
IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Starting to look good
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

My new found girth :)
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Both rear quarters are on now. All the welding on the external side of the arch has been done and ive ground them back, primered and given the joints a skim of fibreglass so the filler used for finishing doesnt sink. Still need to get it jacked up now, both wheels off and get the inner arches welded up and then seam sealed and stone chipped. Ill add a couple of pics later on but not much to see really.
Im still having trouble aligning the front drivers door though. It closes in too far at the bottom. You can see this in the pic below. Any suggestions anyone?
IMG_0560.jpg

Finished off the rear quarters today. Well ive done as far as im going to do. Ill let the bodyshop finish all the smoothing out and filler work as although i can do it, they can do it twice as quick and will make a better job of it. Just need to space the front bumper shocks out now so the bumper lines up perfectly with the wings, lower the exhaust so i can get the rear bumper on, fit the facelift bonnet and then its off for paint :D
Bought a nice set of Porsche Cayenne turbo calipers to go on too. Just need to get some ML55 AMG discs as the ECS ones are knackered and sort out some brake hoses.
IMG_0580.jpg

Nearly ready for paint now. Just got to remove the door seals, audi badges, roof bars and aerial and fit the drivers side wing bracket.
Bought and fitted a facelift bonnet to finish off the full facelift panel conversion. Genuine RS4 grill and facelift headlights trial fitted too. Im seriously going to need to sort the wheels asap and lower it
IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Just been doing a few final things before it goes for paint on friday. Removed the roofrails, aerial, tailgate and door seals, bonnet seals, rear bumper grills and trims, headlight washer caps etc etc. I actually quite like the look without roofrails and considered welding up the holes.
Also thought i'd put in the facelift centre console and armrest that i recovered in black vinyl just so it isnt laying around in my garage waiting to get broken but still need the double din cages :(
Going for paint friday and cant wait
IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0591-1.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Have a few prep/progress pics to add. Nearly done now. Cant wait!
rs41.jpg

rs411.jpg

rs412.jpg

rs47.jpg

The thing im struggling with is wheel colour. Ive painted them up myself in gloss black as i dont like black wheels at all. The idea being if i hate them, its only cost a couple of aerosols. I might go with shadow chrome wheels which will also match the window trims nicely
IMG_0655.jpg

Picking up end of week now as im busy busy at the moment.
Looking good though
556756_350396004997570_174995722537600_918361_717295118_n.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Well not really got alot done this week but i'll be finished for the week at lunchtime tomorrow so can hopefully get it back on the road. I have managed to get my hands on these little beauties though with big thanks to Steve Clutchitupson for collecting them for me. They are RS6 K04's modified by MRC to fit the S4/RS4 and rebuilt and unused by turbotechnics :) So as brand new

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg
:twisted: :twisted: